Question Regarding P3Dv4 Re-install/Upgrade & ORBX

Jocko Flocko

I have been putting off upgrading to version 4.4 of P3D for a while as I'm using version 4.2 with no issues. Are there any updates in the latest version of P3D that would justify doing a complete uninstall and re-install of the entire simulation? Or can I simply update the client, content and scenery with the .msi installers and still be safe? I know FTX Central 3 looks after the many scenery layers purchased, installed and updated, but does it also look after, or keep up to date, the terrain.cfg file and others like it, if any?

Appreciate any help
Cheers

Jocko

24 minutes ago, Jocko Flocko said:

Are there any updates in the latest version of P3D that would justify doing a complete uninstall and re-install of the entire simulation

Hello Jocko

No,  If you wish to update Prepar3D there is no benefit in doing a complete uninstall & reinstall,   The update components will resolve this quickly for you.

Its a personal preference really as to what you update,  The Client component is mandatory though to update Prepar3D,  Content and Scenery are an optional update.

Most folks just update the Client.  Note: Ensure you first uninstall the existing Client before you run the updated Client.

If you also update the Content ensure you then launch the FTX Central control panel to verify and configure the Orbx autogen files. 

Archived