Dusky & dawn shots

mmglads

Just installed NOD32 AV & was experimenting with various locations & took these shots. I'm really pleased with the "dusky" Perth shot - normally I only get about 12 FPS max, but NOD is working well & freeing up some resources. The last shot was actually flying out of Perth, so no FTX textures - but what the heck! I just liked it! Again, thanks to all on the forum who've put in the "hard yards" to help put the real realism back into flight simming - now just totally immersive (& addictive!) BTW, I'm still a "newbie" at this, the quality will improve (once I discover how to!) Cheers.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The last shot was actually flying out of Perth, so no FTX textures - but what the heck!

Ummmm, i'm not sure I quite understand this  ???  So what textures have I been looking at whilst flying around Perth for the last couple of weeks then.

Cheers and TIA for an explanation...

Guest Aussieman

mmglads,

Great shots mate.

Just a little hint mate, set your FPS to 25 and you will find that FSX runs a lot better and will improve your resources even more. Also have a look at Koorby's FSX tweaks.

Cheers

Pat

Thanks for all the comments - sorry to confuse, maxter, but I did mean that it was just water textures shown, as I'd just flown out of the FTX land area, thanks to slipstream for the clatrification. I have tried setting frame rates to fixed, but find I get a "smoother" flight with unlimited set, although there are disadvantages too. Good advice also Aussieman, I've actually been using Koorby's tweaks since they came out, & all applied. I just need a faster CPU & better Mobo!  :-[

Guest Aussieman

Slipstream, yes it would apply to all systems. Basically 25 is about tops with most systems. By setting it to 25 you free up resources that are need to load scenery. Same as setting the maximun visibility to about 30 miles will also make scenery loading faster while flying.

I have seen people boasting on the Ntewings and Sim-Outhouse forums that they were getting FPS as high 220. When asked if they saw any difference between their 200FPS and 25 FPS they admitted there was no difference.

Also as has been stated on the VOZ forums and over at the Sim-Outhouse the human eye can only see about 25 FPS. Any more are wasted.

I fly with mine set at 25 but usually get between 22 and 25 FPS.

I used to fly with FPS set to unlimited but had problems with stutters which I felt was caused by scenery trying to load. Could be wrong though.

Cheers

Pat

Archived