I'm guessing that even so, you are too fast in a highly demanding aircraft over highly demanding scenery and

it's too much for your PC.

There is some very good advice here.

The product is designed to provide the best possible experience of VFR flying over the virtual GB.

There is Global texture resolution on the Display Page, the maximum setting being 4096.

There is Texture resolution on the World page, the maximum setting is 7cm.

Below that are autogen sliders.

You should also disable Dynamic 3D autogen vegetation.

To see the change for that one, you must restart the simulator.

The most common cause for there being no trees at all is that there are duplicate BGL files in the \scenery\global\scenery folder. If you have vegetation.bgl and vegetation_TF.bgl present (note neither file disabled) then you will have an issue as P3D doesn't know which version of the file to use.

8 minutes ago, Thenapster305 said:

Do you mean Scenery/world/scenery in the p3d main folder or do you mean somewhere else?  

It's the Prepar3D - Scenery - Global - Scenery directory

Might be worth a check - I don't have any problem at all with the trees so it's probably a P3D configuration setting on your system.

30 minutes ago, Fizzelle said:

It's the Prepar3D - Scenery - Global - Scenery directory

Might be worth a check - I don't have any problem at all with the trees so it's probably a P3D configuration setting on your system.

Currently I have vegetation.BGL.OFF

but no vegetation_TF.BGL

My settings are as below and I have a good experience in the Sim. However, as a disclaimer, I don't have TEGB for P3D, only for X-Plane, and if you use my settings they're pretty good on other ORBX scenery (eg Scotland) so they should work much the same for TEGB. Might be worth a try.

Perhaps Nick Cooper can verify?

3 files below:

N4sASRM.jpg

PavOl7Q.jpg

KHnlK9P.jpg

I've now also tried JV's own settings (completely different to what the manual recommends) and still exactly the same.  I do believe I have wasted all the time I can trying to get this to work, and by the sounds of it, others are having the same issue too, so I kindly ask for a refund.  Thanks

Archived