True Earth GB South error attached.

Paul Macfarlane

While uninstalling True Earth Great Britain South (TEGBS), I got the attached error log.  FTX Central does not let me "stop" the process of scanning/downloading TEGBS.  Why doesn't the white X with the circle around it, stop the process?  So when I decided to uninstall TEGBS, it uninstalled it with the following error that I've attached.  

All I wanted was to install TEGBS, and have it load within a reasonable amount of time; with an acceptable FPS rate while flying in P3Dv4.4.  "I wasn't getting anything close to normal in either case."

Please help me.  P.S. "I believe I started a second update/download that was continuing in the background, all the while I was trying to upload the very lengthy, time consuming load; then as for the very bad FPS while flying, it too was due to the second update/download that was running in the background."  How do I stop the update/download?  I can't get it to stop.

orbx_ftxcentral_log.txt

Thanks Nick!  It's good to hear from you again.  That worked for the interim, that fixed me-up with a fresh install screen.  But now, True Earth Great Britain South (TEGBS) won't finish it's scan/download & install routine.  I clicked Install at 7PM CST last night and let it run all night, and up to 10AM this morning.  The scanning/downloading indicator revealed it was stopped at 4986/86909 files.  Note:  When it started, it was only moving approximately 1 file every 1-10 seconds?  Help!

Remember:  TEGBS installed for me once in approx. 1 hour.  Then I messed-up and started the update/download over again (thinking it was an update to the original, as noted in my original post).  How can we get the download to speed-up?  I've got High Speed Internet.  Downloading from Orbx has always been fast.  

Hello Paul,

if it is being installed for the first time, there should not be a scanning part.

Can you check the folders and see how many files there actually are and how large the folders are?

There are four folders, all starting with FTX_EU_!GBS

Mine have 123586 files in 29 folders, 135 GB in total.

Sorry, wrong count

I thought I went to the right place?  D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_!GBS_05_SCENERY ,  FTX_EU_!GBS_06_CVX ,  FTX_EU_!GBS_07_MESH , 

FTX_EU_!GBS_08_CUSTOM .   There were only 7 folders total, far fewer files and few GB.  (My calculator will only add 20 figures at a time?)  Tedious.

Archived