Issues with DirectX 10 using Global Vector

wa7uib

I recently purchased Global Vector and base pack receipt number 5c561e9ba5ba5. After I installed them there black squares all over my ground scenery. I'd never seen this before. So, started adjusting graphic settings until I ran across the box to check to use DirectX 10 in FSX settings. It has always been ticked before. I unticked the box and those black squares were gone. So, Im wondering if directX makes your graphics any smoother or better and should I see about updating directx 10 to 11 mayby. Or can that even be done in FSX? 

Another issue Iam having is when Im at an airport i have payware scenery at and there are lots more scenery than your average airport, I am noticing that movement of the aircraft is jerky. like when your slewing or landing the plane stops and goes jerky. Not smooth like it used to be. Before I installed global vector it didnt do that. But it seems that when im at an airport that doesnt have extra payware scenery it is smooth again. The lagging of movement is gone. I set all the graphics settings as you recommended in the user manual for Global Vector. I know that higher settings can slow the performance down if you set them too high. I have a suitable computer with 16 gig ram and 38 gig processor. Video card has 4 gigs mem and a fast gpu. Also, FYI: I also have GSX with sode for passenger and vehicle animation installed. I also installed the freeware FSX/P3D FreeMeshX Global Terrain Mesh Scenery 2.0 from flyaway web site. They recommended Global vector to use with it. So, I bought it on your page. The add-on airport scenery i put on a few airports i use is from Aerosoft the dream team I believe. But like I said, these issues werent happening untill i put global vector and base pack on my FSX. So, and help here would be appreciated.

I wanted to add one more thing to this post. I just landed at another airport where I have no extra add on scenery, and it's fine. The airport with added add on scenery that Im having these issues with is KSEA seattle. I wanted to mention here that since I added Global Vector the altitude was wrong, and the jetways were floating in the air! I had to go into the configuration and disable KSEA in global vectors so my jetways wouldn't be floating in air when I landed!

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

Here is the topic about the black boxes.

If you run the Vector AEC auto configuration, you should not seee any further anomalies

such as you saw at KSEA.

Try reducing your autogen setting by one notch and see if the performance that you had before returns.

Archived