KGPI - No default lighting

curt1

I updated my KGPI yesterday, and as with most of my addon airports I turned off DL in the airport control panel.  This leaves me with no lighting at all in the terminal area.  I then uninstalled and re-downloaded the whole airport getting the same results.  Please look into this, as I would assume there was an intention to have standard lighting here when DL is not applied.  Thanks for your help.

On 2/1/2019 at 10:44 PM, curt1 said:

I updated my KGPI yesterday, and as with most of my addon airports I turned off DL in the airport control panel.  This leaves me with no lighting at all in the terminal area.  I then uninstalled and re-downloaded the whole airport getting the same results.  Please look into this, as I would assume there was an intention to have standard lighting here when DL is not applied.  Thanks for your help.

Hi,

There's no 'standard' lighting at KGPI, only dynamic as it is a v4 specific product.

KGPI was built using all v4-specific techniques. This allows us to create a product which is both performance-friendly and has a much better visual feel overall. Many of these techinques do not allow for the inclusion of 'non-dynamic' lighting.

To be clear, it's the use of dynamic lighting along with the way the groundpoly is created that make this a v4-specific product.

Cheers,

Greg

Archived