ORBX ESSA - Jetways are not moving

Sm0kill

Hello,

I updated to the newest ESSA update with SODE. The new jetways are all in the scenery and the SODE menu finds the jetways as it should. The problem I have is that the jetways are not moving (seems like the animation is missing). SODE says that the jetways are docking and that it's connected, but they are not moving visually. 

I have tried to delete SODE files and re-install scenery, but that did not work.

I also tried to refresh SODE, but no luck.

Thanks!

Andreas

5 minutes ago, Stewart Cumbers said:

Smokil some people have said to copy the contents from D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\SODE_Data into C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE and this worked for them

I have done this and still doesnt work for me but might be worth trying to see if it works for you mate

Hi Stewart,

Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately it's not working for me either. Do you have the exact same issue as me? SODE seems to work fine, but there are no animations...

Just now, Sm0kill said:

Hi Stewart,

Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately it's not working for me either. Do you have the exact same issue as me? SODE seems to work fine, but there are no animations...

Hi!

So they are visually there and SODE is saying that they are connected but nothing happens?

We use a static model loaded at first through SODE to save some FPS, then when the user triggers the gate the animated version is called on and seamlessly it should then start to move and connect (the guy behind SODE did a great job!).

So, in that case it seems like the files are active at least as you can see the visual models and that SODE is up and running.’

Do you use SODE for other airports as well where it is working?

17 minutes ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Hi!

So they are visually there and SODE is saying that they are connected but nothing happens?

We use a static model loaded at first through SODE to save some FPS, then when the user triggers the gate the animated version is called on and seamlessly it should then start to move and connect (the guy behind SODE did a great job!).

So, in that case it seems like the files are active at least as you can see the visual models and that SODE is up and running.’

Do you use SODE for other airports as well where it is working?

Hi Marcus,

Yes, you are correct. New improved looking SODE jetways are all in the scenery, but no animations and SODE is saying that the jetways are moving/already connected.

And yes, SODE is working on all other airports.

Prepar3D_2019-01-29_22-38-21.jpg

I also have the same problem...

Just made a re-install of the scenery..

I have the "operate jetway" in my GSX menu, but nothing happens.

I can also see that the jetways will not dock my AI aircrafts also..

And another thing? The afcad enhanced file is missing when you do a re-install.

Cheers

Dennis

3 minutes ago, Boeing 707 said:

I also have the same problem...

Just made a re-install of the scenery..

I have the "operate jetway" in my GSX menu, but nothing happens.

I can also see that the jetways will not dock my AI aircrafts also..

And another thing? The afcad enhanced file is missing when you do a re-install.

Cheers

Dennis

Select Gate F30, it should be named Dock GA. If It's called Dock GA, you have the working AFCAD

or Gate F34, F37 if I remember correctly.

Ok, I would probably advice you checking in at the SODE forum to see if they have a solution as our models and placements seem to be working I would assume there is something with the SODE module.

First thing you could do is reinstall SODE and ESSA and see if that helps, surprisingly often that fixes everything.

8 minutes ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Ok, I would probably advice you checking in at the SODE forum to see if they have a solution as our models and placements seem to be working I would assume there is something with the SODE module.

First thing you could do is reinstall SODE and ESSA and see if that helps, surprisingly often that fixes everything.

I will do that when I come home, but I have a feeling this is a issue that’s being caused by your jetways, and not my SODE. All other jetways on SODE airports works fine and I have never had such issue, but I guess it’s worth a try. 

I have also seen on multiple Discord severs that other people have the exact same issue. 

3 minutes ago, Sm0kill said:

I will do that when I come home, but I have a feeling this is a issue that’s being caused by your jetways, and not my SODE. All other jetways on SODE airports works fine and I have never had such issue, but I guess it’s worth a try. 

I have also seen on multiple Discord severs that other people have the exact same issue. 

Well 99% of the users is seems to work for so I'm not really sure how our models could be incorrect as they seem to work for most users, but sure there is a risk we have made an error, but I cant see what it would be at the moment. I'm not sending you off, just saying that I cant see what our problem would be as it works for most users.

1 hour ago, Sm0kill said:

When I read correctly, you are the only person with these Problem. Your SODE is saying that you are already connected. The others won't connect, because different reasons. There are some threads about this, and an explanation from Marcus about the special Jetways in Stockholm.

We need only to find out, why your aircraft is already connected. That's it.

21 minutes ago, yvesamuel said:

I have also a problem. At Heavy gates I can only move 1 jetway for my PMDG 777. In all other airports, I can use 2 jetways, as long as SODE is installed, except EDDF.

An y idea?

Yves

can you post the [exits] section from your aircraft.cfg?

like this:

[exits]
number_of_exits = 4
exit.0 = 0.4,  50.179, -9.607,  12.298, 0   //Door 2L
exit.1 = 0.4, 65.954,  10.121, -3.736, 1   //Fwd Cargo
exit.2 = 0.4,  -62.184,  10.121, -3.736, 1   //Aft Cargo
exit.3 = 0.4, -77.069, 5.341, 2.906, 1     //Bulk Cargo

3 hours ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Start by reinstalling ESSA and SODE and we can take it from there.

I tried to re-install SODE, but that did not work. I then re-installed ESSA, nothing again. After another SODE re-install, it's now working perfectly.

Thanks for your support!

Andreas

Here it is :

[exits]
number_of_exits = 4
exit.0 = 0.4,  33.864, -9.607,  12.298, 0   //Door 2L
exit.1 = 0.4, 49.639,  10.121, -3.736, 1   //Fwd Cargo
exit.2 = 0.4,  -46.387,  10.121, -3.736, 1   //Aft Cargo
exit.3 = 0.4, -61.272, 5.341, 2.906, 1     //Bulk Cargo

Yves

13 minutes ago, yvesamuel said:

Here it is :

[exits]
number_of_exits = 4
exit.0 = 0.4,  33.864, -9.607,  12.298, 0   //Door 2L
exit.1 = 0.4, 49.639,  10.121, -3.736, 1   //Fwd Cargo
exit.2 = 0.4,  -46.387,  10.121, -3.736, 1   //Aft Cargo
exit.3 = 0.4, -61.272, 5.341, 2.906, 1     //Bulk Cargo

Yves

And that's why you have only one Jetway working. Only Door 2L will work. You need a different exit setting for your PMDG Aircraft, you need Door 1L. After that, you'll have two working jetways.

OIN fact, works at the gate where you are. It's the only one without 3 jetways.

The problem is thhta static jetways did not disappear with update.

I'll desinstall and reinstall it.
I think there ie just a problem with the update.

Yves

15 minutes ago, yvesamuel said:

It's the same as yours!

When I go to LFPG, or EBBR or EKCH or LGAV I have 2 jetways working!

Yes it's the same. My first door isn't working. I didn't updated the aircraft.cfg after an complete reinstall.

I've to adjust for door 1

If you read correctly:

number_of_exits = 4
exit.0 = 0.4,  33.864, -9.607,  12.298, 0   //Door 2L                              That's the working door
exit.1 = 0.4, 49.639,  10.121, -3.736, 1   //Fwd Cargo                          That's for GSX and PMDG GSE
exit.2 = 0.4,  -46.387,  10.121, -3.736, 1   //Aft Cargo                          That's for GSX and PMDG GSE
exit.3 = 0.4, -61.272, 5.341, 2.906, 1     //Bulk Cargo                           That's for GSX and PMDG GSE

There's no SODE for FlyTampa LGAV.

22 minutes ago, yvesamuel said:

It's the same as yours!

When I go to LFPG, or EBBR or EKCH or LGAV I have 2 jetways working!

You don't believe what I say, but try these settings for the PMDG 777-300ER, an Door 1L will work.

Quick update by myself.

[exits]
number_of_exits = 5
exit.0 = 0.4,  81.879, -9.607,  7.298, 0   //Door 1L
exit.1 = 0.4,  49.179, -9.907,  7.298, 0   //Door 2L
exit.2 = 0.4, 65.954,  10.121, -3.736, 1   //Fwd Cargo
exit.3 = 0.4,  -62.184,  10.121, -3.736, 1   //Aft Cargo
exit.4 = 0.4, -77.069, 5.341, 2.906, 1     //Bulk Cargo

Keep the original one at a safe place !!!

maybe with // before each line

15 minutes ago, Urmel81 said:

You don't believe what I say, but try these settings for the PMDG 777-300ER, an Door 1L will work.

Quick update by myself.

[exits]
number_of_exits = 5
exit.0 = 0.4,  81.879, -9.607,  7.298, 0   //Door 1L
exit.1 = 0.4,  49.179, -9.907,  7.298, 0   //Door 2L
exit.2 = 0.4, 65.954,  10.121, -3.736, 1   //Fwd Cargo
exit.3 = 0.4,  -62.184,  10.121, -3.736, 1   //Aft Cargo
exit.4 = 0.4, -77.069, 5.341, 2.906, 1     //Bulk Cargo

Keep the original one at a safe place !!!

maybe with // before each line

Just tested my new exit: Working for the PMDG 777-300ER

Nywcr8Z.jpg

Archived