Water textures appear around ORBX YBCG

Dazza123

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me why there is water textures that appear around the ORBX YBCG airport? With reference to the attached screenshots it can be seen that a translucent water texture area is present surrounding the airport - even on the highway between the airport and the coast.

The screenshot showing the water not present on the top down view occurred after I increased my water setting in FSX however it was still present with the ground level view - even with the water effect setting at maximum.

The current scenery being used is the new SE Queensland megascenery with ORBX YBCG airport however the same problem occurred previously when using ORBX Australia scenery after ORBX YBCG was purchased and installed recently.

Any assistance in resolving this problem will be greatly appreciated as currently the approach and landing at the airport is rather unrealistic with the appearance of water on the roadways and hills....

2019-1-29_6-5-25-727.jpg

2019-1-29_6-6-28-785.jpg

2019-1-29_6-10-6-919.jpg

Thanks

First please apply the below process.

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 12:37 PM, Doug Sawatzky said:

Thanks

First please apply the below process.

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Hi Doug,

I tried all the settings you offered but unfortunately the problem still remained.

I did however get lucky and managed to find the cause and resolve the problem afterwards. I found that somehow within my scenery library, the 'addon scenery' folder was activated as an area and within this folder there was another 3rd party YBCG airport that I don't ever recall using. Once the 'addon scenery' folder was deactivated the problem was resolved. I then proceeded to remove the 'addon scenery' folder as an area completely from the scenery library and remove the YBCG folder. There are some other 3rd party sceneries contained within this folder however they all show within scenery library as separate areas and are working ok except for a 3rd party AUScene 'Sydney Professional X' (YSSY) which is not appearing properly with most content not displaying with Megascenery but of course this is not an ORBX issue at all. I tried to remove and re-instate this area however no success. I am yet to try a complete re-install of the scenery.

You can see the problem YBCG entry in the SCENERY.CFG I sent you located at Area 115.

I did also note a problem with your suggestion of having all FTX content set below the 3rd party sceneries in scenery library. At least one FTX airport (YMML) did not display all objects such as passenger walkways/ramps etc. when it was set below megascenery within scenery library however all objects display ok when the airport is placed above megascenery - so I guess that means I need to place the airports above megascenery within the library. This is the reason why I am not keen on using FTX Central as it appears I need to separate the ORBX airports within scenery library from other ORBX content to allow ORBX sceneries to display correctly when used in conjunction with other 3rd party products. FTX Central places all ORBX content together at a point within scenery library which clearly for me is not suitable and becomes annoying having to re-arrange scenery orders every time FTX Central is run. I would be much happier with FTX Central if I had the option to turn off automatic scenery library configuration every time the application is run.

Thank you so much for the assistance you provide us users with our vast array of issues and your prompt responses and suggestions.... Kind regards...

Archived