Railway Contour Problem

Matt53

Hi all, total newb here so bear with! I have installed TE GB South and have to say its fantastic. I love to fly low level VFR and its great for this compare to standard scenery. However, I have a question on the railways and some roads, they seem to follow some very abrupt contour changes and make for some amusing cars driving up and down vertical walls and very uncomfortable train rides. Also I have buildings right in the railway. 

Another problem I have is that Teignmouth Pier is depicted as a single building in the water. 

1. is this normal (I am so new I do not know how good this scenery should be)

2. if not normal, what do I do about it, other than fly much higher!!

I am attaching a couple of screen shots and scenery ini

Thanking anyone for their help.

Regards Martyn

Screenshot 2019-01-25 11.08.10.png

Cessna_172SP_5.png

Cessna_172SP_6.png

Cessna_172SP_7.png

Cessna_172SP_8.png

Cessna_172SP_10.png

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Martyn,

welcome to the forums.

Could it be that X Plane 11 is reading your scenery packs disabled folder

and so you have both TEGB and X Europe at work in the same place?

Thank you Nick and thanks for your quick reply. To be honest I do not know!! I will try without Europe in my scenery folder and see if that makes a difference.

Regards 

Martyn

• 3 weeks later...

Could this problem be that the mesh is not high enough resolution as the railway is virtually on the beach, therefore sliding up the cliffs? I am shooting in the dark here as I'm still learning, but to get this level the mesh would have to be less than 10M?

If this is as good as it should be then okay, I would just like to know if I have something set up wrong.

Thanks for any help and advice.

Hi Matt

Coastlines are a bit of a bugbear of mine. Even with an Ultra high HD mesh I still see these problems crop up everywhere.

Of course, if you add an even higher quality mesh, you'll bring your pooter to its knees. Maybe in 10-15 years....

15 hours ago, Fizzelle said:

Hi Matt

Coastlines are a bit of a bugbear of mine. Even with an Ultra high HD mesh I still see these problems crop up everywhere.

Of course, if you add an even higher quality mesh, you'll bring your pooter to its knees. Maybe in 10-15 years....

Thanks Fizelle, at least I now know what to expect. Its a shame, as that's where I live but, hey ho, the scenery is still absolutely fabulous compared to stock and I love it. Just need to get a decent, reasonably priced yoke and pedal setup now, my old wingman 3D is giving up the ghost!!

Thanks again.

ho, ho, ho, yes I think he did! I had it for MS Flight Sim 98 and its been in storage ever since. I have placed an order for a Saitek Pro Flight Yoke but its on back order at the mo' so will persevere with the Wingman until then.

Do you think it may be worth trying a UHD mesh, I see there is one for free download on alpilotX.net but I may have to upgrade my Graphics card!!? :o

Archived