VECTOR AEC not Recognizing KPDX

Woogey

Hey guys, 

I am having a problem with Vector  in that it does not recognize the standard code of KPDX.   The main issue I’m having is that I installed Bill Womack’s new Portland scenery, and I’m having elevation issues. Has anybody else had this problem?   From what I can tell the scenery looks beautiful, just not displaying right. When I type in KPDX into the AEC, It turns up nothing.   I have ensured that all updates are current, but still the problem persists. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

-Woog

My runways are sunken below ground level at KPDX!

SOLUTION:

It's likely you're running another product that has added an elevation adjustment file for KPDX.
1 - Use the Flightbeam Manager's troubleshooting tool to automatically find files causing this.
2 - If the above doesn't work, look in your root P3D4 folder, under "Scenery\World\scenery" and do a search for "kpdx". If any files turn up in the search, set their file extension to ".OFF" to disable them. This should restore your runway elevations.
3- If you still have elevation issues, manually remove the following files into a backup location:
In the following folder: ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY\scenery

Remove:
ADE_FTX_PNW_KPDX_Portland_Intl.BGL
ADE_FTX_PNW_KPDX_Portland_Intl_CVX.bgl
FTX_PNW_objects_KPDX_PLC.bgl

In Scenery\World\scenery, the following:

ADE_FTX_PNW_KPDX_elevation_adjustment.BGL

Cheers

John

Archived