EDDF -missing runway

I think we understand each other. From the start there were three runways:

07L/25R

07R/25L

18/36

In 2011 a fourth runway was introduced and 07L/25/R was renamed 07C/25C. The new runway became 07L/25R.

1. Are you saying that Orbx Global does not recognise the new runway and uses the old designations. Furthermore, if I want to resolve this I must buy Germany South?

The thing is, my Navigraph data is up to date so programs like PFPX, PMDG 738ngx, FSiPanel, VoxATC etc. all expect a full complement of runways:

07L/25R

07C/25C

07R/25L

18/36

This leads to conflicts when planning flights.

2. Can any of this be resolved by Lockheed (P3DV4)?

3. Can the above problem be resolved with a third part EDDF?

John

2. I guess no, as the navdata basis of P3D (as it was for FSX) is still the same back from 2006 (that's why newer airports are missing or Airports with new ICAO designations are now wrong). There is an "addon" correcting it, but I have no experience with it, and it only corrects frequencies and nav points, not scenery: http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

3. Of course. The scenery Aerosoft EDDF Professional has all current runways included.

I would anyway not fly in and out of default airports with addons such as PMDG or FSL Airbus using proper Navdata AIRAC cycles. But that is just me maybe, I anyway do not fly in or out of default airports anymore at all.

33 minutes ago, jsmcwilliam said:

I think we understand each other. From the start there were three runways:

07L/25R

07R/25L

18/36

In 2011 a fourth runway was introduced and 07L/25/R was renamed 07C/25C. The new runway became 07L/25R.

1. Are you saying that Orbx Global does not recognise the new runway and uses the old designations. Furthermore, if I want to resolve this I must buy Germany South?

The thing is, my Navigraph data is up to date so programs like PFPX, PMDG 738ngx, FSiPanel, VoxATC etc. all expect a full complement of runways:

07L/25R

07C/25C

07R/25L

18/36

This leads to conflicts when planning flights.

2. Can any of this be resolved by Lockheed (P3DV4)?

3. Can the above problem be resolved with a third part EDDF?

John

Hello,

1. Please do not confuse "Orbx Global" with something that it is not.

"Orbx Global" does not include any airports as it is only a set of replacement textures.

None of the products that you state that you own include airports.

You came to this commercial forum to complain that there is a fault with EDDF.

The answer is that there is no EDDF in "Orbx Global", so you are not seeing a commercial

version of the airport, only the default version included in the simulator.

The simulator airport versions are often out of date, being based on data from around 2006.

As you are in a commercial forum, I mentioned that there is a version of EDDF in Germany South

which includes the additional runway.

2. Yes, any of this can be resolved by Lockheed Martin but so far, there is no indication of any

intention on their part to do so.

3. Yes, any other version of EDDF, freeware or payware, that features the current airport layout will solve your problem.

There are several versions to choose from on this site

Archived