EU Scotland Stornoway EGPO without DME

Achmed

Hi,

surprise at the first approach to EU Scotland EGPO: no DME (downloaded charts stated ILS/DME approach, the localizer is working).

I analyzed the airport BGL ADE_FTX_SCO_EGPO_ORBX.BGL with ADE, for the navaids it showed "ILS is stock" and the the DME button was deactivated (see attached pictures).

I switched on the DME button and copied them to the Scotland folder of P3D V4 (see EGPO_ADEP4_AH files appended), then renamed the mentioned original airport BGL.

If the problem results from my specific installation or a corrupted ORBX BGL, please forget this threat.

If the problem is more general, in my opinion, ORBX should correct the DME setting in EGPO BGL generally.

regards, Achmed

ADE_FTX_SCO_EGPO_ORBX_original.BGL

EGPO_ADEP4_AH.bgl

EGPO_ADEP4_AH_OBJ.bgl

EGPO_ADEX_PW_ILS-DME18.png

EGPO_ADEX_PW_ILS-DME36.png

Strange... I found charts from sept 2004 that show a LOC/DME, so the data dates must be older.

OK, I bought P3D in version 4.2 and didn't update the scenery part since then.

But why could I activate the DME in the ORBX BGL ?

I didn't change the P3D original BGL.

Or does it mean, the ORBX BGL is derived from the stock data and therefore from < 2006 ?

Nevertheless, as I have some other complaints (taxiways), I used a christmas sale to get EGPO from sim720 :rollmyeyes:.

Now I have even an ILS - and actual taxiways - although LOC/DME would have been sufficient for my purposes.

Archived