Mysterious Black Objects in the Sky

VH-DUX

Seasons' Greetings,

I am experiencing a new and interesting problem since completely re-installing FSX and ORBX. There are shapes made of intersecting black rectangles in the sky just above the ground. I've experimented with switching off individual entries in the Scenery Library, and found that I can have ORBX Melbourne with these things,  or default Melbourne without them. Has anyone else seen this and found an answer to it?

Tally Ho

VH-DUX

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the try. Ground shadows are already off. The black objects are made up of three rectangles intersecting like X, Y & Z. They are along some roads and airport boundaries, and appear as if they are about 4 metres across. I'm thinking street lights, but I've never done anything with lights, in this or any other of my re-installations. What sort of additional clues would you like?

VH-DUX

Thanks Tim,

I am in the throes of migrating to X Plane, but I need to resolve scenery and other issues first, as I use FSX for rehearsing my real world VFR flights, and I need complete scenery, ATC, COMS, waypoints and weather before I jump.

VH-DUX

Archived