Why Is This So Darned Blurry?

Mac6737

I have been having a lot of instability in FSX lately (sim shutting down, freezing, incomplete graphics, etc.), as I have successively added more and more Orbx scenery --- except that the instability does not correlate perfectly with the density of the scenery in which I am flying, and some flights have been smooth as silk, with FPS at my preset limit (40). 

This could be a much longer post, but I'm asking about one single issue I had today, after installing the Orbx Brisbane airport.  (The Australia Region and mesh were already there.)  I am posting a screenshot of my approach to Brisbane, which looks much worse than my other airports (including the Orbx payware Cairns airport), and you will see the FPS is around 20 -- not great.

After a complete PC crash last summer, I had the Big Box PC Store custom-build a PC alleged capable of handling anything FSX could throw at me.  Here are my specs:

i7-8700 3.7 GHz

GeForce GTX 1070 Ti; 8GB onboard

AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 LGA 1151 ATX motherboard

16GB RAM

2 TB hard drive

27” MSI gaming monitor, set at 2550 for FSX

I am told that should be sufficient.  Perhaps there are some other variables and adjustments to be made.  BTW, I have not messed with the scenery library, fearing I may mess things up worse.  I eagerly await guidance. 

Thanks all,

Mac6737

Washington, DC suburbs 

Brisbane approach.jpg

Archived