Vector update scanning Forever

Rhinozherous

11 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

My last suggestion would be to switch off Windows defender too.

As said above, helps nothing.

Now I tried to uninstall Vector... but FTX Central is not letting me stop this weird scanning (it was always this way) Now I am trapped, when I start Central it starts doing this scanning, after clicking "uninstall" I dont have any menu for vector but it is still scanning....... this sucks.

After clicking several times on "Uninstall" while this scanning was going on, it started scanning faster. After this it started the download and install of what seems to be the new version...

Dont know if I start Central ever again without reading forums and news about updates, because there is no control over the program.

This absolutely sounds like something else is grabbing access to the file....... such as a virus scanner, or maybe you have P3D open and the file handles are being referenced, and therefore changes to the file are being blocked. Either way, is seems as though the scanning of the files is being blocked in some way, typically this would be caused by anti-virus intercepting calls between FTX Central and the file system; I would check all back end processes to ensure that (a) you have no form of anti-virus program running in the background or (b) you ensure you trust the FTX Central and exclude the P3D folders.

The ability to remove the files, in a typical scenario the 'activity' to scan the file will be performed on a worker thread, so as not to block the main user interface, so when you click 'X' it's actually setting a flag that the worker thread checks, and then sees that it needs to stop iterating the files. If this process is not stopping, then it may well be linked to the above, in that when iterating the files, it is come across a file and is being blocked, so its unable to  get past the file, unable to reach the check for the flag and unable to stop the processing. 

I would suggest the following: - 

• Check windows event viewer for any sign of errors 
  • Open Windows Task Manager and ensure 'FTX Central', 'Prepar3d' , and ALL anti-virus programs are not running, if they are..... right click and end task
  • Right click your shortcut to FTX Central, and click to run as Administrator
  • Goto Settings in bottom left corner, and confirm the path to your temp folder......and 'tick' the option to ensure there is enough disk space available before downloading, then click save.
  • Attempt to update Vector again and do not attempt to open P3D or any of the programs you shut down in step 2
  • It is a big download, and it will take time depending on your connection speed
  • Come back and let us know how you get on

Archived