Problem installing GB Central and now FTX Central!

nplo

Previously successfully installed Barton Manchester and GB South.

I clicked install GB Central in FTX Central and downloading commenced.

I then read the post about having the latest version of FTX Central installed which mine wasn’t, so I was concerned that the sorting out at the end of the download would fail, so I stopped the download, by which time it had downloaded over 90%.
I updated FTX Central and clicked install GB Central. It downloaded approx 500 mb and then froze the PC.
I restarted and removed the Orbx files mentioned in another post and started FTX Central and received an error message. I replaced the files and tried again and received another error message.
I then thought that the best course of action would be to re-install FTX Central.
Not knowing how to uninstall it, I tried to download FTX Central again, hoping it would replace all the files.
During the installation of FTX Central, error message, log attached.

How do I remove all traces of Orbx to install a fresh copy of FTX Central?

Help!

orbx_ftxcentral_log.txt

Ok, I have now removed the Orbx folders from AppData\Local and AppData\Local\Temp and I have successfully re-installed FTX Central. TrueEarth GB Central is currently downloading, so fingers crossed!

Saga continues. I checked the PC and downloading was going well with 1 1/2 hours downloading time left. Went back after a further 3 hours  expecting it to be at the converting or installing phase only to find it paused at the end of the download stage - see attached photos. N.B. I did NOT pause the process, it did it by itself! I tried clicking on the paused pause button, but nothing happened. Having read  the “True Earth Great Britain - Solutions to installation problems” post by Nick Cooper I was not expecting this, so I decided to start again. I deleted the Orbx folders in AppDat\Local, AppData\Local\Temp and also AppData\Roaming (not deleted before) and re-installed FTX Central. I left the PC downloading GB Central at 2MB/sec and won’t be disturbing the PC until the morning. So, fingers crossed again!

C7700CF7-5E4B-4894-9310-BCC69D1E1516.jpeg

A8260D2F-5775-4DA5-ABD8-AEC5DD60CC44.jpeg

I returned to my PC this morning to find, thank goodness, that CB Central had been successfully installed. Unlike GB South, the files were also in the correct place in scenery.ini.

I noticed that the Control Panel for GB South is not functioning, as explained in another post complete with a patch file, but when I fired up X-Plane the roads were transparent as I like them..

I also updated Barton Manchester and installed the Orbx Library, so everything is hunky dory.

Problems now solved!

Archived