More validation woes

buggerup

Hi guys I know i'm not the only person having validation problems but here goes.

I bought AU_BLUE on the day it first come out I have been following its progress for some time.

It is the best addon scenery i have ever seen.

I loved it so much but was dissapointed that my old computer could hardly run FSX

I decided i wanted to see all the candy with some frame rates so i spent $4000.00 on a new comp.

I copied the files over to the new comp to save on d/l times eg all the hotfixes holgaware etc.

I have been trying to validate the software for the past 4 days with no joy. 

I don't double click at the validation stage.

I do have the information right in the fields.

comes up with an error # 30 authentication key invalid. Which i find hard to believe seeing as I have been copy and pasting from my order details at the store.

As i said it a new computer with VISTA on so i'm not sure if it is opperator error or something to do with the validation process like its unique to a certain computer or something .

If i have to buy anothe licence so be it, but for now i would just like to ask if anyone has any ideas where i should try next.

I did raise a ticket with the store  and they answered with its probably a firewall issue. I have turrned all firewall protection off but still nothing.

Cheers

buggerup.

From the FAQ:

Q: I get Error #30 when trying to validate my order information, what can I do?

A: The registration key you have entered is not valid. Please check the key against the information provided in the registration email sent to you by The FlightSim Store and try again. All details are case sensitive and must be entered exactly as shown in the registration email.

Please verify and confirm that you are putting everything in correctly. Even an accidental paste of a 'spacebar' could cause registration malfunction.

Nothing worse than waiting, I had probs but were caused by double clicking the validate key, however, just prior to that I downloaded a fresh copy of AU BLUE and worked from that, copying from one machine to the other is always risky, it might pay to do a fresh clean install.

cheers

Hi buggerup,

This error is definitely not cause by a firewall issue, the server is returning the error message because it figures your registration key is not right. If you can, give the manual validation method that is included with the new wrapper a go. I've reactivated your download link in order for you to download it. If that doesn't work email me your wrapper generated code file and I will look into exactly what is going wrong.

I copied the files over to the new comp to save on d/l times eg all the hotfixes holgaware etc.

My first immediate suspicion would be that by not installing from scratch there will be a few registry entries amiss. I would always suggest on a fresh installation to install all programs - never copy from the old computer to the new. I have found from experience this is a recipe for disaster...

Archived