FTX Mode Button doesnt work

mauries

I have the same problem, and the guy at the computer store does too, we are both running vista ultimate 64bit with sp1, I havn't worried too much as I don't leave the FTX area( it hurts my eyes too much), but since you've raised the issue I might as well try to get it fixed.

cheers

ok, in case off, check the path of the dekstop shortcut if it indeed points to the correct location, rightclick properties and see where the path points to, if that's not correct than go to your ORBX folder and to scripts there you should find the ftxmode.exe (see attached screen) right click it and create shortcut paste that on your desktop and delete the original one, if it says the shortcut all ready exists overwrite the previuos one

post-154-130203878177_thumb.jpg

I have a solution, not the best one , more of a get around. I located the mode file in the scripts folder and created a new shortcut, no good, I found another file in another orbx folder with the same mode buton, no good, I had too shortcuts to the scripts folder but kept getting an access denied thingy. So I tried right clicking on the mode button and opened it as Administrator, Bingo. Only drawback is is that I have to R click it each time and click allow each time, but at least it's working and I can install addons .

cheers

Archived