Terrain Issue

prostock

Not sure if this is the correct forum or not.  I have been having this issue ever since I installed ORBX FTX Global pack.  Scenery Blocks appear where they should not be, blocks of roadway, water and land mass that just does not belong there as shown below.  Not what I expected for the money I spent.  I have put further purchases on hold although I did buy the Tree upgrade today.   I have also made a few additions of Free Orbx scenery like the airports & AI.  I can't provide much detail here because I don't know what you need to know.  I can say that my PC is brand new Dell XPS 8930 and has a Nvidia GTX 1070 GPU.  I would like suggestions as to what's causing this issue.  In the screen shots, I am at KSAE airport but this happens at Most Scenery I use.  I know you need information to help resolve, Please let me know what information is required.  Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

Hi, 

First, Please apply the below process.

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then run the "Force Migration" option.

If that doesn't work, please follow the process in the below topic.

Thank you Gentlemen for responding to my issue.  I followed your instructions and did exactly as you said and I am still having the same issue.  I even had a friend send me his Default terrain.cfg file and tried that.  Each time, following the directions from the Holger Sandmann Link provided.  I flew different planes in different weather situations with same results.  The Screen shots with the snow are from KASP airport and the other are from LICJ airfield.  I have two 3rd party sceneries installed and tried Uninstalling those to see if that would stop the issue and it DID NOT.   I understand what the problem is, "Ground Texture Morphing", I would like to get it resolved as it is annoying to say the least.  It seems to happen Only At Airports where default Airports and Airfields are placed.  Please let me know if I can provide further information to resolve this issue.  Thank you

Screenshot_8.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_5.png

This is what I did:  I downloaded the new terrain.cfg file.  Renamed my original terrain.cfg file to terrain.Original.  Installed the New CFG file, started FTXC3, logged in, preformed Force Migration.  Checked the order of ORBX in my game scenery library, made sure ORBX files and the two 3rd party scenerys are in the correct order in settings and saved it.  Removed 3rd party scenery and repeated the process multiple times.  Installed the terrain.cfg file my friend sent me.  Tried the game in different scenarios with the same results as shown in screen shots.  Thank you.

Good Morning Doug - I wish it was as simple a fix as that.  I have been having the issue since I installed ORBX FTX Global Base & the other Free ORBX Addons unfortunately.  So, I did as you requested.  Instead of Moving #21 entry "ShuttIE Launch 07",  I deleted the entry, Uninstalled the scenery and all it's associated files such as Effects, Sounds and removed it from the Scenery Library.  Was not a big deal scenery that I needed.  After removal, I ran the Force Migration option in FTXC3 settings, saved settings.   Exited, fired up FSX and flew some different locations.  RESULTS AS FOLLOWS:  KATL - NO ISSUES; KBDK - NO ISSUES; TNCA - NO ISSUES; ZYYJ - NO ISSUES; KMIA - NO ISSUES; WI89 - NO ISSUES; KPVD - NO ISSUES; KBOS - NO ISSUES; KJFK - NO ISSUES;  KASP - SAME ISSUES AS PRIOR TO REMOVAL OF SHUTTLE LAUNCH 07; LICJ - SAME ISSUES AS PRIOR TO REMOVAL OF SHUTTLE LAUNCH 07.  Listed below are fresh screen shots of today's issues & Sceney.cfg file.  Thank you,  Brian

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_5.png

Scenery.CFG

It still seems like a corrupt terrain.cfg issue. maybe remove the other terrain.cfg files instead of renaming them and install a fresh default, then run FSX first before opening FTXC3.

Also, maybe reinstall the Orbx Libs by going to your FSX\Orbx\User Documents\Versions folder and delete the "FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS .txt" file, and then reinstall the Libraries from FTXC3.

You could also go to your FSX\ORBX\Troubleshooter\folder and run the "MigrationTroubleshooter.exe" and post the results here.

What I did today:    I deleted all other copies of Terrain.cfg files.  I removed/uninstalled All of ORBX Scenery & files from my computer.  I downloaded a Default Terrain.cfg file and installed it.  Ran a File Verification on the Steam Page & checked out Good.   Reinstalled the Libraries from FTXC3.  Verified Files.  Reinstalled the FREE ORBX Airport Scenery which KASE airport is part of and the airport I'm having the issue with along with LICJ.  I DID NOT Reinstall FTX Global Range.   I ran the Migration tool.  Made sure files are in the correct order in my scenery library.   Verified the correct order on FTXC3 page & saved.    I don't have any 3rd party scenery addons.  I do have aircraft addons but don't see how they would have any effect on scenery.   I don't know what else to do?  I do know I won't be purchasing any more ORBX because as of now, it seems like throwing good money out the window.  Any more suggestions would be helpful.  Please see below as I'm going to upload many screen shots from today's efforts.  The last Screen Shot is Steam File Verification results.  Thank you

Screenshot_11.png

Screenshot_10.png

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_4.png

The freeware airports require FTX Global base to be installed, and there is no need for the Orbx libraries or the use of the "Force Migration" option if FTX Global base is not installed. 

When you "Ran a File Verification on the Steam Page & checked out Good" this overwrites all of the Orbx products you had installed....so you essentially have no Orbx products installed and you still have the corrupt terrain issue....so it would only make sense that it is not an Orbx product issue.

I would recommend doing the File Verification on the Steam Page, and do not install any Orbx or even open FTXC3 and confirm you have a good default FSXSE.

What I am saying is that yes, if you have already run the Steam Validation Tool it has overwritten FTX Global base, so the freeware airports will not work correctly and there is no use for the Orbx libs. 

So yes, if you reinstall FTX Global base, you will need to rerun the "Force Migration" option and never run the Steam Validation Tool again. FTX Global base is a default texture replacement not an addon, it replaces the default FSX textures, so if you run the Steam Validation Tool it replaces the textures back to the non Orbx defaults.

Removed ORBX Folder from FSX root.  Replaced Terrain.cfg File with Fresh copy.  Reinstalled ORBX Library.  Reinstalled ORBX FTX Global Base.  Reinstalled Free Airport Pack.  Ran Force Migration on FTC3.  Ran Migration Trouble Shooting from FSX ORBX Folder. (result below).   All Installed now.  Went into game, same issues with Morphing Textures.  Pictures below.  What do you suggest?

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_6.png

I tried as you requested with same results as shown below.  It happens in the same spot of the scenery every time so I'm inclined to say it's an issue with the scenery mesh somehow.  Anyway, if you want to keep working on it, ask some of your associates what they think, I'm open to the help to figure it out.  It is not a big deal, after all it is Free Scenery.  The point is that it's annoying and should work properly even if it's free.  And it does happen in other locations such as LICJ.   I've listed screen shots from the latest attempt to resolve below.  Thanks for your time and effort.  Brian

Screenshot_10.png

Screenshot_11.png

Screenshot_12.png

Doug - I have another question off topic from the above topic.   I Notice After I downloaded a few Free Scenery Airports that I am required other Scenery Packages to get them to work?  My question is:  Why is there a disclaimer stating Prerequisite Products "You require at least one of the products to use KHQM Bowerman Airport"?  It is working fine without NA Pacific Northwest.

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Archived