help I screwed up

johnny

Hello all

I was attempting to install a GTX275, physical installation is ok but the signal to monitor was not recognised I linked it up as normal direct to be and not to video card.

so it turn out I have no sign of any nvidia installation, looks like my PCI express isn't recognised. I think instaed of just deactivating my original nvidia stuff I completely removed it, so in managament of driver I only see the intergated graphics card and no nvidia stuff.

Essentially I'm running off my integrated graphics, and I have no clue how to get the pc to recognise that I have a video card installed.

is there a way out here or am I in a fix?

thanks for some help guys

johnny

You need to use your integrated graphic 'eyes' to get into the BIOS..and switch to the desired video output, e.g. integrated, or PCI-E, or PCI-E x 16, etc

Save and shut down, then plug your GTX275 back in, fire up the computer and it should work..

if it doesn't then you may have system compatibility problems

Cheers

Tim

It may be worth checking/double checking that the card is correctly seated in the slot and that you have definately connected the power to the card inside the case - I'm assuming of course that it requires additional power via a cable or two. HTH.

it was definitely powered up correctly, but not seated correctly. Unfortunately I am short a few mm clearance from some satar plug connector coming to/ from the hard drive, don't imagine I can just move that to the alternatively coloured plugs.

well sod that anyway. If that was open heart surgery my patient would be dead.

will have to seriously think about buying a new pc, maybe with the latest processor but short on gaming graphics, and refit it with my 750w power supply and GTX275 now sitting idle.

:D

Surely the mother board has more than one SATA connector. Of course you can move the cable from the hard drive to another SATA connector. Read the mother board manual. If you don't have one, download it from the manufacturer's web site.

Sue

it was definitely powered up correctly, but not seated correctly. Unfortunately I am short a few mm clearance from some satar plug connector coming to/ from the hard drive, don't imagine I can just move that to the alternatively coloured plugs.

well sod that anyway. If that was open heart surgery my patient would be dead.

will have to seriously think about buying a new pc, maybe with the latest processor but short on gaming graphics, and refit it with my 750w power supply and GTX275 now sitting idle.

A bit hard to fully understand the problem, but going by your description you have a lack of room between the GFX card and the SATA plug on the HD? Is it not possible to relocate the HD in another bay and in doing so moving the position of the SATA plug? Unless of course you mean the other end of the SATA cable that attaches to the motherboard? If moving things around is not possible then it sounds like your only option maybe to invest in a new/larger case. Unfortunately, size is very much problem when it comes to the latest breed of GFX cards, the things are sodding big. The exact same reason that I ended up buying an Antec 1200 case when I done my last build, bloody big case, but it has the room.

I hope you can find an easier, cheaper solution.  :-\

did a bit of googling, and a test, and in the end with just one hard drive, one dvd drive, so no order issues to contend, it indeed does not matter what sata ports are used, so I managed to slot my GTX275 in perfectly snug by displacing a couple of connectors, the pc identified the card it and it's up and running on the latest drivers. now to see if it gives me.

learning all the time. would never normally have dreamed of doing this kind of thing, but anything's possible with a bit of patience.

Archived