spit 32 bit texture close ups

Ken Hall

Fps on my machine is set to 33 and only rarely has it dropped below that to say 25, the manual says that anyone with a high end machine should have no probs, I did have to set the filtering to trilinear though because antistropic gave me jagged outlines on both the 16 and 32 bit textures ,also on the sf260. So if you have these issues change to trilinear filtering

cheers

How does it compare to the sf260 for fps, I have the this plane and its great for fps, and wanted to see how it compares. Have been looking at tgetting the Spitfire.  Thanks

I get some interesting results with my setup and these textures.  Normally I get a pretty even spread from 28 to about 35 FPS on my midrange rig.  With the 32 Bit textures I get troughs of down to 17/18 and suddenly a peak of 55/66.  It's really strange.

Cheers,

After testing the sf260 and the 32bit spitty textures there appeared to be about a 15% drop in fps with the spitty, but after analysing closer the diff was more due to the speed the spit was doing, if I slowed the spit to match the 260 things were pretty equal. I'm still trying diff settings to get best result.

cheers

Guest Private-Cowboy

Nice shots. But is the engine see-through? I mean I think I can see the sky blue/grey in the exaust pipes in shot 3.

is the engine see-through? I mean I think I can see the sky blue/grey in the exaust pipes in shot 3.

I paid good money for this thing,and they forgot the engine, @#$!^ second hand aircraft dealers!!!!

@ Kman:

just got this plane this morning, and it is amazing.  Get better FPS with this than the SF260 even with the 32-bit textures.  I even downloaded the cannon fire animation, from avsim and its cool.  Check out the pic, just a quick one from this mornings flight after install this great plane.  Thanks again on the info about the FPS, help make purchase decision.

Link for the cannon fire animation:

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=119774&CatID=fsxgau

Posted Image

Yea, there is, the pic with the cannon fire does not show it as well as it does when you are looking at it from different angels.  Just did a quick pic, did not really try to get the full effect.  Its very good effect in the game though. 

Great stuff G, she is a sweet ride eh, thanks for the cannon fire link,Now I'll never get outa the thing, I'm working on videos at the moment and the cannon fire should look cool, See you at Biggenden, they say Gerry is planning quite a show for us "What".

cheerio old chap

Roger that Kman, yes, this plane is amazing, best frame rate of any plane I have, and the performance is amazing.  Definitely the best addon plane I have purchased sofar.  Right behind this is the SF260, and Twin Otter x.  I love the oil effects on the racers when you blow up an engine. 

Archived