Just loaded ENHA and ENOV

Freeware Airports from Orbx

I note at the end of the runway at Orsta-Volga -there is a “bump”

All else in Xplane 11 looks good 

Unticking “Runways follow terrain contours” cures the problem

Should this be necessary?

xxd09

Thanks for that info

I had noticed the problem at 2NCO-Mountain Air-another freeware airport from X-Plane.org

As ticking and unticking need a X plane restart -would there be a noticeable effect elsewhere if this Option was left permanently disabled?

xxd09

2 hours ago, tonywob said:

You'd lose curved runways in most cases. I find this feature in X-Plane more trouble that it's worth in most cases, it makes some airports very bumpy. 

Yeah Castries in St Lucia! That's a bump and a half, for sure! [ TPLC ]

St. Lucia lies right on the junction of 4 scenery. dsf tiles. This puts a 10-foot "step" in the west end of the runway.

5 hours ago, xxd09 said:

Thanks for that info

I had noticed the problem at 2NCO-Mountain Air-another freeware airport from X-Plane.org

As ticking and unticking need a X plane restart -would there be a noticeable effect elsewhere if this Option was left permanently disabled?

xxd09

For the airports that have a problem you can flatten just these runways. In the apt.dat file of the airport add "1302 flatten 1" below the airport name. That way you can leave the other airports with correctly following terrain.

It may be of interest to developers 

Since loading AlpPilotX for ENOV area-I can now fly this airstrip with  “Runways follow Terrain contours” ticked and no bumps!

Surrounding roads a little “bumpier” but airstrip good to go

xxd09

Archived