FTX Southern California causes stutters...

divinglyc

Hi!

Yesterday I have bought and installed FTX  Southern California.

I like the scenery a lot but I found it cause very prominent stutters. I set my target frame rate at 30, but in this scenery, FPS jumps between 15-30 and even pauses sometimes for about 1 sec.!

I am using P3D v4.3 and my PC is i7-7700K @4.5GHz+16GB RAM+ 1070 video card.

Is there anyway to fix it?

Thanks!!

1 hour ago, maxhades said:

A lot autogen and airfields are loading depends on your autogenslider settings. Same here. I guess thats normal.

Max

Thanks for sharing. So you also have stutters in this area?

I have many of ORBX products and this is the first one that I feel obvious stutters... that's why I am thinking if there is anyway to fix it...

7 hours ago, wulfbindewald said:

The large Los Angeles basin is known for this effect. The SCA control panel in FTXC3 provides switches to deactivate some scenery features. This might reduce the loading and stutter impact on your PC.

Thanks! I will try that.... So this happens to others, too?

This also happens is other region such as North California?

Yes. I have deactivated most features in the SCA Panel. Thats 100% because of the autogen in this area and quit normal. And in FSX you need a lot of VAS. I can live with it. Only flying GA in SCA! Flying from Santa Barbara to Palm Springs is a good example. At the end 3.5GB VAS and some stutters along the route.

If you flying high and only in the LA area you can try photoscenery which you can find in the web.

Max

8 hours ago, maxhades said:

Yes. I have deactivated most features in the SCA Panel. Thats 100% because of the autogen in this area and quit normal. And in FSX you need a lot of VAS. I can live with it. Only flying GA in SCA! Flying from Santa Barbara to Palm Springs is a good example. At the end 3.5GB VAS and some stutters along the route.

If you flying high and only in the LA area you can try photoscenery which you can find in the web.

Max

Thanks so much for your info. !! :)

On 11/3/2018 at 3:44 PM, divinglyc said:

Hi!

Yesterday I have bought and installed FTX  Southern California.

I like the scenery a lot but I found it cause very prominent stutters. I set my target frame rate at 30, but in this scenery, FPS jumps between 15-30 and even pauses sometimes for about 1 sec.!

I am using P3D v4.3 and my PC is i7-7700K @4.5GHz+16GB RAM+ 1070 video card.

Is there anyway to fix it?

Thanks!!

I observe the same behaviour. I have the fps set to 60, and normally I observe a framerate of about 25 to 30 in such built up areas. However, in LA, this can drop to 12 to 15 with freezes that can last up to 5 seconds (sliders very much to the right).

Archived