Orbx true earth install problems

Hi I am having major problems installing Orbx True Earth Great Britain south,

I have downloaded and set this up on one of my computers with no problems at all so I think I know how the program works ?.

The problem is I am tying to install this on a second computer that I have, I purchased a new copy / licence the program seems to install itself correctly with no errors, although much faster than my previous computer of a similar spec the data migration integration seems to be very quick when it should take one to two hours, when I run x plane I get the error below

ERROR, could not locate image file for terrain

Custom scenery/Obbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain/ab90x10000x17.ter

Custom scenery/Obbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain

../textures/ab90x10000x17.dds

On checking the directories on my first computer I get the file size as:

Orbx_A_GB_South_TrueEarth_Custom: 1.11GB 612 Files

Orbx_B_GB_South_TrueEarth_Overlay: 1.29 GB 1,993 Files

Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos: 123 GB 26,891 Files

On the second computer with a complete clean system install win 10 / X Plane / drivers

Orbx_A_GB_South_TrueEarth_Custom: 1.11GB 612 Files

Orbx_B_GB_South_TrueEarth_Overlay: 1.29 GB 1,993 Files

Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos: 259Mb 15,015 Files

I have tried this three times the program then verifies its files and starts the complete download again.

If any one can help I would be grateful.   

Please try this,

Install the scenery as usual, using FTX Central. It downloads and installs like normal, but "hangs" at 100%.

Close FTX Central at this time.

Find the C:\users\name\AppData\Local\Temp\Orbx" directory and delete the entire ORBX folder.

Then restart FTX Central.

Then choose "Verify files”.

Start Prepar3d, it updates the database and the scenery is ready for use.

If that all fails, please explore the below manual methods.

Go to FTX Central 3 Settings.

Click on the “Clear Temp” Button.

Click on “Save”.

Restart FTXC3, and try again.

Please use a download manager for the below manual methods. Below is a good free DL manager, just beware in case it wants to install additional antivirus/malware like a lot of freeware does these days.   https://www.freedownloadmanager.org/   Browser extension DL managers do not work for this.

Alternatively, you can also use a download manager (to help avoid corrupt downloads) such as IDM and do a manual download from your Orbx Direct account web page (this is where a download manager works great) and click on the account button top of page, then find and click on the product info, and in the bottom line small print there is a manual download option, down load it and save it in a named folder, then open FTXC3 and select it, and click on the orange "installation options" and select "Install from my manually downloaded .zip". as per the below links. 

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/127395-manual-download-of-products/

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/125435-how-to-install-from-an-orbx-direct-downloaded-zip-file/

Cheers

Doug

Archived