Grass Lakes and Wonky Trains

Wonderbadger

I've really been enjoying GA flying in Orbx TEGBS but there are a few issues I've found in areas I know which make me wonder if the issues exist in the wider map.  Bodies of water are useful navigation points but I've noticed a lot where they have been made into grass fields instead of water - is it possible to correct these in a patch (as well as the local example below I've noticed it in many areas including a large lake near Brands Hatch which shown as a field.  My previous Ortho4XP scenery didn't have this issue so I assume the bodies of water data is available.

I should note that I've stripped out all other add-ons to leave X-Plane 11 and Orbx alone and the issues are still there so I don't think anything else is interfering.

Lenwade Lakes in Norfolk (which will soon be used as a nav point to return to my local airfield) is shown below - the layout of the lakes are shown in the google maps link, with the screenshot taken from the north side of Lenwade towards the A1067.

Google maps link:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.7200684,1.0850313,13.75z

M20R_1.png.dde72b00c6ae0ed894f053f34837e8ca.png

The same has happened to the River Yare at Great Yarmouth:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.594308,1.7414365,13.72z

M20R_2.png.e2135e8fa5352e07da3df7b6afec302e.pngM20R_3.png.e61178789bdaf443357a618b1e74ca31.png

The other issue which looks bizarre (other than a number of floating buildings I've spotted) are train tracks not being flattened so trains apparently run on hillsides at an angle - many years ago when I used to create MSFS scenery it was relatively simple to tell the tools to keep roads and railways level, is it possible to correct this and mold the terrain around it to make it more plausible? I think the issue is that overall the scenery is impressive so good that anything which is wrong really sticks out.

CirrusSF50_1.png.b2a9ba702be8e0a2b0ea20a93a3b6313.png

8 hours ago, tonywob said:

Thanks for raising this. It does indeed look like something went amiss with the water bodies data (We use Ordnance Survey data which should be spot on). I can't answer you yet on why this has likely happened, but I've raised an internal ticket to get it looked at. 

Great, thanks for looking into it. Hopefully its not something which causes the team too much grief to resolve.

Archived