Groundtexture loading

maxhades

Hi

For VFR i have set my LOD to 6.5 and i also cannot remember i had this with standard 4.5.

I cannot remember i had such bad groundtextureloading like in the pic. May i am wrong...

For example this is in ORBX Australia with LOD6.5. But also happends in Open LC EU...

Sim: FSX

Any idea?

2018-10-28_22-45-50-63.jpg

Max

Ok understood Max,  but as you describe the feint anomaly could be anything, there is a definite edge to the  (texture tile) it could well be seen in other areas of your sim but by all means leave out all the important detail which may lead to an explanation. That is why crosschecking directly on the co-ordinates will become apparent.
What is shown on your screenie is not particularly blurry, nor is it a shadow or morphed texture, essentially the surrounding textures seem pretty much what I see in my FSX FTX Australia but cannot be absolutely sure what it is until crosschecking the location exactly. Nor would it relate to 6.5 LOD or Default 4.5 Large LOD because it is directly below your aircraft where the anomaly is blended differently only on one side. (It looks like some kind of blending issue where the arrows are pointing). Perhaps a screenie with co-ordinates will determine wether it is setup related, config related, shader related or you have genuinely found an anomaly common to all users.

Hi Max,

are you perhaps using a replacement file for the default ground "detail" texture overlay? That might explain the darker shade of the nearby terrain, which shouldn't occur with just the ground textures themselves. 

Detail1.bmp is a small "bumpmap" file (located in \Scenery\World\Texture) that the sim's display engine places as a semi-transparent overlay over all land surfaces near the user aircraft to give the appearance of more detail than the 1-m resolution landclass ground textures themselves provide. A number of replacement versions exist, often labelled as "grass" textures, which is quite misleading given that it's applied everywhere, not just on airports. If the replacement file is very different from the default version then that can lead to noticeable grid pattern and/or darker shading on low-contrast landclass textures such as sand, snow, or ice.

You can test this by switching off the detail1.bmp overlay, even during a flight, via the "Land detail textures" checkbox in Options > Settings > Display > Scenery.

Cheers, Holger

Could be right Holger! I had some troubles a few month ago with concret runways and other groundtextures.(black parkingspots and runways on FSX Vanilla airports)I replaced them with 3th part ones(Avsim) except REX. Thats why i have some colouranomalis in most of the LC. So where could i download the originals. It seems i have lost it.

Those sets includes sand, ice and all that stuff. How can i solve this and set back to the originals? I have not done a backup:unsure: Repairfunction with the FSX disc?

Hi there,

an original of detail1.bmp can be found in \ORBX\Scripts\Aero\FSX_SP2_Originals. 

Using the repair function is generally a bad idea if one has lots of add-ons installed because doing so will overwrite any and all files that have been altered by third-party add-ons.

Cheers, Holger

Hi MAx,

good to hear, glad I could help.

You could try some of our own versions of detail1.bmp replacements. They are located in the "Scenery.World.Texture.detail1.bmp" subfolders in the \ORBX\Scripts\Aero\Source\ folder and don't cause that obvious change in brightness, at least not on my system.

Cheers, Holger

Archived