Warning message about Global Scenery

sterlingy

After installing the GB South pack and fixing the ini list order and installing the Visual C++ Distro, I get a warning message that there may be a problem with my Global Airports.

167565606_GBSouthError.jpg.95806c64cc6c9700711814046f08fc20.jpg

On a side note, it would be great if FTX Central would accommodate installing onto a 2nd drive. Missing this feature created a big headache, and I'm tech savvy. I think the average person might have a nightmare trying to figure out softlinks or other work arounds.

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

This has been requested but at the moment of course it is how it is.

I think that the "average person" who uses X Plane 11 will have enough knowledge

to create shortcuts and this is a simple way to make the installer put the files where

you want them.

I solved the problem. I'm not exactly sure what cause it. The Log notes said it had a problem with the global scenery, but it also said that it couldn't load various assets from the trains extension. I reinstalled the trains extension and all problems went away. I still find it ironic that the error occurred when I tried using ORBX for the first time. However, it just occurred to me that I never tried to run the sim in the Great Britain area, which may have been the reason the trains extension hadn't caused an error before.

Thanks for the help.

Archived