Installing zip files to a second X-Plane location.

Bridgemaster

My original TE download is producing this X-Plane error message:

1624736224_ORBXerror.png.467893373b133435f501db713de37190.png

Caused I believe, after reading a post in these forums, by insufficient disk space where my primary X-Plane instance is installed and to where TE was initially directed.

I have a second X-Plane installation on a much larger drive on the same PC where I believe I can reinstall TE from the TE zip files which are also saved on this PC. However I have tried following the instructions shown in the link below but cannot access the option to install from previously downloaded zip files. Could anyone provide some guidance please.

https://support.orbxdirect.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000096555-Installing-from-a-manually-downloaded-zip?mobile_site=true

I guess I could try another download to the second X-Plane location but due to slow internet limitations this takes 15 hours plus, which I would like to avoid if possible.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

here is how to install "from the zip files".

Thanks Nick, thats the one I was looking for!

Your useful step by step explanation of which files get downloaded and where was the really helpful part and should perhaps be a link in the user guide which only says FTX central will handle the installation.

Maybe I had become True Earth blind but even a search of the XP 11 help forum did not come up with that article or maybe my search was not detailed enough. Whichever way it was most helpful and is certainly a much quicker way of additional installation second time around.

THANK YOU.

Archived