Cannot Install TE GB - error stating incorrect disk space available

ozzie_expat

New customer, just installed FTX Central and purchased TE GB South. When attempting to download I am told I require 27.35 GB free on my C: and that I do not have enough  space available. My C: clearly  shows 40GB available. (See screenshot). I do understand that I won't have enough space on C: to extract the files once downloaded and had planned to install them to a 4TB D: after download. Please advise how to proceed as other than manually downloading the zip I am not sure how to obtain the product I have just paid for. Thanks

tegb.JPG

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

As far as I am aware, the installer uses the Windows tmp folder to install the

product and can use as much as three times the size of the download.

If you don't want to have your drive checked, you should be able to disable this

on the FTX Central settings page.

You can also choose where to download the installer to.

This might help.

I would also hazard a guess that a little housework would very likely provide you

with a huge amount of extra space on your C drive.

Thank you Nick,

After pointing the temp folder to D: I was able to download the files, and then followed the other thread to create a fake x-plane install on my d: which allowed the installation to continue, created shortcuts from there to my custom_scenery directory on C:, and adjust the entries in scenery_packs.ini on c: also.

A bit of a hassle but all is well now, and I have to say that it was worth the effort. Thanks again.

Archived