TEUKS - Fail

Rhinorhino

First impressions of the scenery were very good, once I had sorted out the wholly avoidable .ini mess, but as I go deeper, I realise that the scenery is broken.  Heathrow and Gatwick (and maybe other major airports) just do not work.  Without these, the software is simply unfit for purpose.  Was any real testing done on these issues?    

Hello,

the airports are default.

Did you read this?

The included Aerosoft Heathrow is not broken and works as it should.

As you state that  "once I had sorted out the wholly avoidable .ini mess", perhaps you would share with us

the method you would advise us to use to avoid the mess.

8 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

please take a look here

As I said in my last post, I have installed the exclusion file above the A-C Orbx files as suggested, as can be seen from my .ini file attached, still no luck.

I attach two screenshots that show the problem.

Any ideas?

X-Plane 2018-10-17 08-14-38.jpg

X-Plane 2018-10-17 08-07-39.jpg

Gatwick and Heathrow should be fixed with the exclusion layer - and it includes object exclusions as well, so it should remove all double buildings if installed correctly. Always make sure your airport is above the exlusion layer and the TE-GBS layers are below the exlusion layer in scenery-packs.ini. 

I just checked: Gatwick and Heathrow are okay with the exclusion layer, I found a single building in Heathrow still clipping into autogen and I will fix this later today. 

If you look at my .ini file, I think I have followed your instructions.

Yet, if you look at my screenshots the problem is still there.

Again, I ask, what am I doing wrong?

I would like specifics rather than general observations if possible.

Your ini seems to be fine. I suggest putting the Orbx Barton layers above global airports just for the case someone makes a Barton airfield for the global airports.

If the exclusion layer does not work your version is possibly outdated - the very first one did not have exclusions for Heathrow and Gatwick. If you have downloaded the layer from the first post in the exclusions thread you have the wrong version. Try this one:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/161300-exclusion-zones-requiring-a-fix-please-read-this/?do=findComment&comment=1420301

What happens if you disable the custom Gatwick (just for testing) and use the default airport? To disable the custom Gatwick airport change the corresponding scenery-packs.ini entry to SCENERY_PACK_DISABLED, the line should look like this:

SCENERY_PACK_DISABLED Custom Scenery/PilotPlus-EGKK_GatwickV2.2/

The default airport is fine wth the exclusion layer and should be fine for you as well regarding your Scenery-Packs.ini. I downloaded and installed the exclusion layer from the post mentioned above to check if I messed something up when exporting, but it works as intended:

y4mnscmlAIcjFHXmbD-qEW-r8c_05S5TP_Bn_dKJ

In theory it should work with all of the airports mentioned. I have tested the deafult X-Plane airports (as I don't have the others) and Heathrow seems to be an Aerosoft airport and using the exclusion layer (which is not available currently) they all were fine. 

Archived