True Earth South Installation Issue - Still

PaulPounder

HI All,

As a lot of people are having, I'm having the same issue in getting True Earth South to work.

I'm running the correct FTX Central, in fact I've reinstalled that 3 times. I'm now on my 8th download, after Verifying Files a number of times. I've uninstalled True Earth twice, I've tried switching my machine off and on between Verifying. The lot. I'm still getting the same error as before.

The first download seems to be around 26/27GB. After Verifying I have to download another 24.69GB and it doesn't get any smaller each time I verify.

I can no longer spend hours downloading this without it not being fit for purpose on my machine.

Is there anything else I can do. Is there anyway I can download this without FTX Central and install manually. Please!!!!

Regards

Paul Pounder

error.png

I have the same problem with Great Britain South, sadly NOT solved with three 'verify files' runs.  The last two runs gave exactly the same 'BE ADVISED' X-Plane error message - i.e that the same image files are missing in each case, as shown in the attachment.

Oddly: 

1.  Custom Scenery\Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos\terrain\a970xfe00x17.ter IS present, despite what the X-Plane error screen states.

2.  The reported error for the dds file states that the missing file should be located in this folder:

Custom Scenery\Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos\terrain\textures

But in my installation, the TEXTURES folder is a separate folder, and not a sub-folder of the TERRAIN folder  i.e. the TERRAIN folder has NO sub-folders within it. (This also applies to my Ortho4XP installations.)

What's going on?  I have had no difficulties with the downloads, so have not yet tried a manual download.

BTW, my folder size for 'C' is 56,655,839,601 bytes in 20,056 files.  Are these numbers correct?

ORBX Errors.jpg

Nick - not sure if your latest post refers to my problem, but all my texture files are already converted to DDS format by FTX Central 3, which seems to do its job well.  All the coloured bars go through to completion, and at the end of the process, the window changes, with an appropriate message announces that the download/conversion tasks have finished. 

That's not the problem I have.

Hello,

this is telling you that the dds file cannot be found.

ORBX Errors.jpg

It looks to me as if you do not have most of those textures, at least

here, the textures folder size is 123 GB and more importantly, 12098 files.

The path to the folder is not

Custom Scenery\Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos\terrain\textures but

Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain/..textures, so the textures

folder should indeed not be within the terrain folder.

The whole Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos folder seems to be 123 GB, 26891 files, 6 folders.

I purchased and installed GBSTE. I am getting this error. Don't know why? May I get some assistance. Thanks

Error, could not locate image file for terrain
0:01:47.866 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain/a830x10020x17.ter
0:01:47.866 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain/
0:01:47.866 E/SYS: | ../textures/a830x10020x17.dds
0:01:47.866 E/SYS: | (REN_terrain.cpp:146)

orbxerror.png

I am having exactly the same problem and have reported this. I tried the Manual Download and when tried to unzip it, it produced nearly 50 unzipped folders. Unfortunately, NONE OF THESE FOLDERS unzipped. Rather, they produced even more unzipped folder. I have already got headache trying to get this work.

I have also installed and uninstalled this twice leaving my pc running overnight. I have removed all scenery: both purchased and freeware within the south of Great Britain and yet not progress. 

We need help! This looks too good and nice to be problematic.

orbxerror.thumb.png.d0195e3595c580fea72b6e0e9808f01b.png

I have followed this procedure to no avail, it defaults to an install of my drive H:  (where XP11 resides only has 74gb free).  I want to install this on a separate drive G: (4TB).

I do NOT have disk space required during installation (low disk space) and although the process 'completes' and verify files in H, I still get the texure dds missing errors. Is there an option/procedure for install this on a separate drive?

Peter

2 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

If you move your Custom Scenery folder to your G drive and link it back to your

X Plane folder with a symbolic link, the files should install via that link to your G drive

and take up no space on your H drive.

I have linked before, but never the whole Custom Scenery on my G: drive.. .below is my setup.image.png.10e4faf1e6642e6196179fb1fb7dafb4.png

image.thumb.png.3d74d9780ab85608e326f90b3a081b59.png

Archived