TrueEarth GB South Fails to Install

Ðŗąçø

Was really looking forward to this, but after 3 installation attempts, TrueEarth GB South has not been installed. I get an error message during the extraction process, followed by a lengthy error message during installation, at which point, the installation pauses indefinitely.

The second error message:

unknown.png

Also attached is the ftxc3.log file if that's of any use. If any more info is needed, I'd be happy to provide it. Cheers!

ftxc3.log

I don't know whether this will help with your situation but It did for me when I experienced installation issues with a previous product.

https://support.orbxdirect.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000167255-What-is-Fastlane

Also, make sure you have the very latest FTX Central v3.3.1.4 and that you have 60GB of free space on whatever drive you Orbx temp folder is which is probably C by default. You can change it to another drive/partition with the latest version of FTX

The first error that appears during extraction:

image.png.5fc114db5bd21b2d16b6389598ed8f8e.png

FTX is 3.3.1.4 and I opted into Fastlane. Same result. 220GB free on C:\ and 1.46TB on X:\ (where I am trying to install it to).

Additional info: once the installation fails, there is no major disk or CPU usage by any application on my PC.

Same problem here:

FTX Central v3.3.1.4  downloaded TrueEarth GB, extracted files, installed files and finished without (visible) problems or errors.

Started X-Plane v11.25 and all went well until X-Plane shows the line "Reading new scenery files". X-Plane does not respond according to Windows taskmanager and that's it. 

Restarted the computer, started X-plane once more and the result is the same, nothing happens.

Started FTX, clicked on TrueEarth GB and clicked on "verify files". After that FTX started downloading another 5 GigaByte. After extracting FTX went on installing. Remarkebly the progressbar did not stop at 100% install but went on till 450%. But still no warnings, problems or errors.

Started X-Plane once more but again hangs at 'Reading new scenery files".

Back to FTX. FTX immediately starts the extract process again followed by installing and then FTX comes up with that pop-up screen with a long errorlist. 

Looks to me a severe  FTX problem. I hope ORBX will fix this very quickly!

Archived