Transparent roads with GBS

powelltau

Hi just seen in the advert for the scenery, transparency roads are for the True Earth roads and the other is for default Xplane roads. Your saying it won’t change, you did select the transparent roads and then closed the panel I assume. Derek.

Thanks mate, yes I did. The strange thing was the first time I opened the control panel the yellow dot was marked on the default option and then I changed it. I opened it again aftre noticing it didn't work and then opened the control panel and there was no existing yellow dot. I thought maybe it's not picking up the option when i press the transparent option and wondering if there maybe a file in the Overlay I could just delete to get rid of the default option. 

I Fixed it!

Go to the FTX Central user guide and look up the Linux instructions for transparent roads as below....

In the Custom Scenery folder, inside the Orbx_B_GB_South_TrueEarth_Overlay folder, there are two folders "roads" and "roads_t". The "roads" folder is the textured roads that are inside X-Plane and are now enabled by default. The "roads_t" folder are the transparent roads. To use transparent roads, rename "roads" to "roads_x" and rename "roads_t" to "roads".

Now go to your overlay folder as described and you will find not two but three roads folders one is already "roads_x" and as long as the other two are there delete the "roads_x" folder.

Now go back to the control panel and you will find it has automatically highlighted the default x-plane roads again.

Now select the transparent option and Hey-Presto!

It works!

P.S. it might happen again if this is a bug but this fix will get around it again if it does.

Hope that helps,

Mark

Thanks for posting! I was driving myself crazy trying different ways to fix it and also thinking I was the only one with this problem wasn't helping either. I tried the fix and all good! Thanks so much for letting me (and hopefully others if they have experienced it) know, much appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived