XPL 11 Hung at Reading New Scenery Files

dcboyinva

Hi All....was wondering if anyone else has had my experience.  I purchased GB South and downloaded...and everything went fine.  The conversion only took around 1.5 hrs...so all in all not too bad.  I tested XPL loading up with the default aircrafts, at a known working airport (KDCA).  Worked fine.  

Loaded up at EGCC, the sim cannot get past "Reading New Scenery Files".  If I tried EGLC, or EGLL, same results.  I figured it could be a first time through kind of thing...so I let it sit and went to the gym. 2.5 hours later...same screen.  Please see attached files.  If anyone has a fix, please let me know.  XPL works great outside of the coverage area.  Thank you all in advance for your help.

J

Log.txt

scenery_packs.ini

Just as some further trial and error'ing, I deleted the download....uninstalled the add-in....removed FTX Central and re-downloaded it.  Tried it again...same exact result.  When I am not in the coverage area, it is all good.  When in the coverage area, XPL stalls and does not load.  Is there anything I can try?  Otherwise, this is essentially taking $40 bucks and throwing it into the trash.  

Thanks All.

J

Screenshot_2.jpg

3 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Have you tried the "Verify Files" option in FTXC3 product box?

Yes sir...several times...both before the re-install and after.  Nothing else happens after the verify...it's like 29k or something files...and it just ends and goes back to the normal screen.

No sorry needed...you are trying to help...and it is appreciated.  I thought the same thing...so removed some of the GBPro and the Simheaven Europe stuff.  Same result.  Everything else is either below GB in the scenery ini...or an airport.

So I got really irritated...and tried it for a third time...downloading and all the full process.  Now it works...honestly not a thing was different...except I tried it after removing the GBPro add-in...which doesn't make any sense to me...considering how XPL handles files.  But you know what...it worked...I am going to try a flight now.  But it would seem there was an issue with installing with GBPro (another add-in with GB stuff in it).  I aint going to question the computer gods...but lord it is frustrating.  Appreciate all of your help and time in trying to help me fix.  Have a great weekend!

Archived