Remove Scenery for Scenery.cfg

Doc_Z

I want to delete a scenery from the scenery.cfg file.  If I do so, the file will rebiuld itself and renumber the entries, correct?   When I tried to change something in the file and tried to save i I was told that access was denied?  What's up with that?

10 hours ago, Doc_Z said:

I want to delete a scenery from the scenery.cfg file.  If I do so, the file will rebiuld itself and renumber the entries, correct?   When I tried to change something in the file and tried to save i I was told that access was denied?  What's up with that?

make sure to make a backup copy when editing your cfg file so you dont screw it up completely...also have you made sure there arn't any prepar3d 3rd party applications running in the background or prepar3d itself? I've had this problem too, and I had to resort to deleting the cfg file itself and letting it rebuild... adding all orbx enteries is easy because you just run a couple settings in the orbx application but for other sceneries you will have to manually add the enteries the classic way.

Also check to see if that airport you tried deleting has any content at all, e.g. texture folder or scenery folder... if not it could be bugged entry could be bugged, I had a familiar problem with latinvfr, what airport is it your struggling with?

One thing I also tried doing was installing that scenery, loading prepar3d and letting the cfg reload itself, then exiting prepar3d again, uninstall the scenery, and then reload prepar3d and the cfg file... I hope other team member's can be more help then me but that's my experience with this annoying problem, also if you have 4.3 you can access sceneric library from the startup menu, its amazing!

Hello,

there should be absolutely no need to manually edit the scenery.cfg file.

It can be manipulated in game, using the product's installer or indeed with

the Scenery Config Editor or similar.

If you manually edit it and introduce errors, it will not work, especially in P3D v4.

Problem is that I cannot get into the game at the moment.  All I get is the opening screen.  Have to remove and reinstall Client and see what happens. 

That didn't work.  Back to my original question.  If I delete the entire scenery.cfg file, it will rebuild itself (if I get the sim running). correct.  Will that mean I have to reinstall all my add-ons?

Hello,

instead of deleting it, rename it to scenery.cfg.off.

P3D will then generate a new default version and if it starts, you

will know where your problem lies.

The Scenery Config Editor is an extremely useful tool for this type of

problem as it can identify and in some cases fix errors that have been introduced.

It regenerated the file, but still did not start.  Of course, the new scenery.cfg file doesn't have anything except the default scenery.  Can I add the add-on scenery from the old file, if an when I get it running? 

Tried that, too.  Still won't start.  Gets to generating scenery files but stops at 96%.  I've asked on the P3d forum, but no answer there as yet.  Usually can get as good and usually better help here.  I could reinstall tine scenery module of P3d.  That would mean reinstalling ORBX base, right?

Your idea about the Scenery Config Editor gave me an idea.  I don't use it, I use Simstarter NG.  When I started it, I was told that the dll.xml and exe.xml files were missing from the LM app data folder.  Do yo now how I get them bacK?

Never mind, they are in the Program Data folder where they should be. 

Archived