orbx ftx global north america

derek ball

Thanks for reply Nick.

I found the 2 entries and they are about 17 gig.I'm troubleshooting at the moment because KLAS is elevated and I cant fix it.I disabled it in vector config but no change. This isn't a payware a/p.its stock.Ive got ftx global,ftx vector.ftx north America. Can you help me fix this? Regards Derek

Please search your ORBX\FTX_VECTOR folder for KLAS.

You should find four files, three ending in .inactive and

the fourth named ABP_KLAS_Default.bgl.

If you find the four files but ABP_KLAS_Default.bgl.inactive

and the others ending in .bgl, AEC has not been applied

If that is the case, please search scenery\world\scenery for

an elevation adjustment file. You should find none.

If neither of these is a successful solution, please look for a

second version of KLAS by searching any other scenery or AI

aircraft software you may have for KLAS.

Hi Nick.

AEC has been applied, I checked the files for KLAS.No other version I can see and no ai software for it.I do have fsglobal 2010 mesh installed. But I don't think that's the problem. I see on other posts, that this airport is a problem for a lot of people. If I buy fsdreamteam KLAS I can fix the elevation problem. But there must be a solution instead of buying something I don't really want. I have a lot of orbx add-ons and happy with all of them. I wish I could solve this elevation issue.

Regards Derek.

Hello Derek,

can you post a screen shot showing what the problem is please?

If the Vector AEC for KLAS is disabled, Vector has been ruled out as a cause of

any elevation anomaly.

Hello,

it would appear that:

1. there is a small problem with FTX Vector AEC and the default KLAS which results in the default

airport appearing to be slightly sunken with AEC enabled. This should not be the case, but it is.

2. It would also appear that disabling AEC for KLAS fixes this problem.

Please have a careful look at this short guide

Untitled.jpg

Notes:

1. To enable AEC, simply select the ICAO code in the right hand column and click on Enable instead.

Then perform stages 5, 6 and 7.

2. If there is apparently an elevation error, change the airport from which ever column it is in to the other column.

Note that not all airports are in the Vector database, if one is not, there will be no ICAO code to select and the 

elevation error will have a different cause.

3. Note that you can create a profile, Save Profile as.... If you do this, your chosen settings can be restored at any time,

Load Profile...

The profile is by default stored in the FTX_VECTOR folder. You may wish to back it up elsewhere in the event of a

re-installation being necessary. 

Hello Derek,

if the elevation anomaly is around the airport, it is most likely due to add on mesh.

Try disabling the mesh in your scenery library and see how it looks.

If the anomaly is within the airport, it is most likely a problem with the airport itself.

You seem to have no Orbx products that either include KLAS or could affect it in this way.

Hi Nick.

I disabled fs2010 global mesh as you sudjested and klas looks a lot better. Still sloping terrain at northern end. But a big improvement. I should buy orbx southern Cal and fsdeamteam klas because I know there is an elevation fix in orbx compat forum for this.

Could you send me a screenshot of your scenery library. I think some of my issues are there. I very much appreciate your help with my problems. Off to work now. Cheers Derek.

Archived