Square Water Bodies in India / Pakistan

Captain Lars

Hi,

I encountered square water bodies in western India / Pakistan. The last image is already from approaching Karachi from the east.

qpGtcSi.jpg

zCsTkTy.jpg

K4j956K.jpg

5higAWd.jpg

LIvPG18.jpg

Coordinates are in the screenshots. I have Global and Vector in the area, landclass is provided by XClass World. Could this be the cause?

Regards

Lars Wüst

2 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

landclass is provided by XClass World. Could this be the cause?

Could be, Lars. A quick way to check is to disable "XClass World" in the Scenery Library, then retest.

Or perhaps the position of this LC in the Library needs moving.

If the anomalous square lake boundaries resolve then you may have your culprit, if they don't then at least you will have tested the theory prior to the cavalry coming with other recommendations. Perhaps @Holger Sandmann has some thoughts. 

EDIT: I've just hopped over to Cloud9 (FSDT) website for a quick check on the product. It lists XClassWorld as "FSX only" I could very well be wrong on the latest compatibility, but I notice you a using P3DV4.3, could it be a sim compatibility issue.

14 hours ago, Jeff Gilmour said:

Could be, Lars. A quick way to check is to disable "XClass World" in the Scenery Library, then retest.

If the anomalous square lake boundaries resolve then you may have your culprit, if they don't then at least you will have tested the theory prior to the cavalry coming with other recommendations. Perhaps @Holger Sandmann has some thoughts. 

EDIT: I've just hopped over to Cloud9 (FSDT) website for a quick check on the product. It lists XClassWorld as "FSX only" I could very well be wrong on the latest compatibility, but I notice you a using P3DV4.3, could it be a sim compatibility issue.

Thank you very much Jeff, all completely logical what you are saying. Sometimes you just need to communicate your "problems" to someone else. :) I will check your suggestion.

On 9/28/2018 at 6:09 AM, Jeff Gilmour said:

I disabled XClass Africa & Asia and the water squares are gone! Thanks for pointing me at the right direction. I will reactivate them though, because having some water squares is indeed better than looking at the unrealistic vanilla landclass.

Archived