Black buildings - Iceland Demo

kabilo

Hi Anyone,

Before actually purchasing FTX Global as I've seen quite a number of positive reviews in youtube about the product, I decided to try out the Free Demo for Iceland.

Followed instructions from A-Z in installing..

I'm seeing black buildings in addition to the existing ones (default). Prior the installation I went to this airport code BIRK (Reykjavik) and was getting 60 - 70 FPS on my Dell XPS 9560 7700 - GTX1050. After the installation not only do I see black buildings but I notice a sheer drop in FPS down to 25 - 30. I followed all recommended settings as in the manual for the Demo.

KRfp2eL.jpg

I searched for a thread relating to this in the forum and didn't find one so I'm posting this. This is my first post so hopefully, I'm not breaking any rules here. I appreciate in advance anyone who can shed light on the matter as I really am looking forward to getting this product. Unless the above is what I'm going to get :(

Regards,

Ken

Hi Ken, welcome to the forum!  I have a very high end system and occasionally see black buildings, I think it's the graphics card trying to "catch up".  Your case might be different.  However, did you let the trike sit for a few minutes to see if the graphics will "catch up"?  That's what I usually do.

Anyway, you'll get it resolved here, Orbx support is second to none.

Best regards.

Jack

Hello kabilo,

Have to say these black  things look more like the Preview DX10 black boxes in FSX. You should uncheck the Preview DX10 checkbox to run your FSX in DX9 default mode, or  Install Steve Parsons DX10 fixer either the Payware version or the Freeware version. Please also read this FAQ topic. https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/128650-if-you-see-black-shapes-squares-boxes-boards-dots-blobs/

Hi Jack,

Thank you for the warm welcome. ^-^ Jeff is right. It certainly is the Preview DX10. I unticked the checkbox and it resolved the black squares/buildings. Thank you so much Jeff! :D

However, on the 30ish FPS drop: Is this normal or is there some tweaking that I can do to lessen the performance impact other than the recommended settings I've seen in the manual? 

Hello Ken,

You're welcome, glad your black boxes are sorted now.

Can I ask whether you have installed the Orbx Libraries.
For the FPS drop, there will always be a drop in FPS whenever scenery is added to the scenery.cfg/Scenery Library over vanilla FSX/default.  Any vanilla default installation will naturally have a higher FPS, the Iceland demo has a number of enhancements to Texture, Landclass, Vector, Airfields, Terrain, that are not present in a default setup. This demo has been designed to showcase all the FTXGlobal features in one package, so when flying around Iceland with all these new features the sim will be processing a much greater amount of data for display.

Perhaps you could use a Locked framerate @30 in FSX. Even though your Dell XPS 9560 would seem to be a Notebopook/Laptop your hardware is certainly powerful enough to manage a consistent smooth 30 FPS.

It might also help if you could copy your FSX.cfg  from C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX  then attach it to your next post using the Paperclip attach tool (Drag n Drop).

Archived