KJAC and other location blurry textures

ironcondor

Hello everyone. I am not sure if this is normal for these textures but comparing them to the images on ORBX website it does not look the same. I have even maxed out the settings for Radius, Textures, Mesh and the same. When flying over at them in GA aircraft, commercial, etc. its the same.  The question is are these mountain peaks  normal?  I have no tweaks in any file of P3DV4.3. I noticed this through mountainous terrain as wekk. FTX Central is up to date.  I also tried different seasons. Thanks for any input!

2018-9-16_12-13-9-687.thumb.jpg.eae747d1c273216e7b96c1f1bb521ec9.jpg

G'day there,

What you see at KJAC in P3Dv4 is correct, and matches what I see too. Unfortunately, in P3Dv2-v4 the Terrain LOD radius is locked to a max of LOD=6.5, unlike FSX, which allows for an unlimited radius. Most of the screenshots from the product page are from FSX, with a slightly higher LOD radius (from memory, I think I used 9.5 for those shots) - this is the reason the mountains appear a little bit sharper. 

That said, the seasonal variation currently showing for today's date is fall, a variant that includes a decent snow cap on the mountain ranges. If you set the season to summer (July), you will see more texture definition and variation as the peaks will have far less snow coverage (as depicted in this P3Dv4 shot).

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived