Ireland and N. Ireland

Pulseox

I feel that considering the size of these 2 downloads and the relative costs of each, and also the fact that it IS one Island, Politics aside- it would be more fair to combine these two into one package simply called Ireland. It seems a little unfair to pay the same price for a download 1/2 the size of another?  (4 GB for England vs 1.4 for Ireland).

When they were released, there was a discount if you purchased both regions, As I bought them in 2013 when released I was not aware, is there no cross product discount any more?  As far as the file sizes are concerned, IIRC it is due to the Ireland regions not including mesh (apparently there was not suitable elevation data available, and as Ireland is not overwhelmingly made up of dramatic mountainscapes, the default and other meshes already do a pretty good job?)

If there is no more discount, I can see the OP's point, a bit.  Wales had a full airport included to offset its small size, Ireland had the discount.  On the other hand, these two regions were released at a time when ORBX did not have sales, so If you buy them both at the next sale, you will get them cheaper than I did when released, even with the original discount

Archived