Just how large or small is the Netherlands?

According to the Orbx announcement, the Eu Netherlands True Earth scenery package includes 85,000 km2 of photoreal terrain. I am not at all sure of your definition of "terrain" but most other sources seems to think the Netherlands has a total area about half that size.

Wiki, usually somewhat reliable, especially when describing and defining an existing country, thinks the total area is 41, 543 km2. Just as a check and balance, I Googled a few other sources. World Atlas breaks it down for land and water but comes up with a total area of 41,543 km2, exactly the same as Wiki.

Just for kicks I looked a little further and checked with Nations Encyclopedia. I found it just a hair smaller - 41,526 km2, but in the ballpark with Wiki and World Atlas.

Do you think we should consider this Part 1 of Part 2 from Orbx, or North Netherlands and wait for South Netherlands, or maybe East comes after West Netherlands? Evidently, according to Orbx promo, there may be another 43,457 km2 of terrain somewhere, if your 85,000 km2 number is accurate.

Regards,

Ray

4 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

thanks for that.

I'll ask.

Thanks Nick.  Looks like someone took a closer look at the Orbx Promo text.  It now reads 41,500 km2.  It is amazing to me that no one else called attention to the larger number which was also used in the P3D edition.

Regards,

Ray

Archived