EGHA AEC?

Adam_UK

Hi All

I've read through a range of posts of a similar nature but none have helped me find a solution.

I have just purchased and installed EGHA through ORBX Direct / FTX Central 3 for P3Dv4.3. I already had FTX England, the whole Global range and PILOT'S - FS Global Ultimate - Next Generation FTX installed.

Upon loading my aircraft at EGHA I have found myself submerged below ground level with the rest of the scenery above and cliff-like walls ahead of me. I have had this with various airports before and the same symptoms have always been fixed through using the AEC tool or (when this is not listing the airport I need to fix) by manually removing the relevant AEC bgl from my flight sim file structure.

The problem I have this time is that AEC isn't listing the airport (which is odd as this only usually affects scenery added through addon-xml files I think?) and I'm unable to locate an airport elevation correction file for EGHA. I DID find 'ABP_EGHA.bgl' in LM\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery, but removing it did not fix the issue.

I have also already tried the pinned fix for getting Vector to see addon.xml scenery, but it made no difference.

It is only the one area of EGHA which appears sunken - just the paved parking area. Interestingly, the grass parking is fine.

Any thoughts or guidance is gratefully received! Apologies for the length / detail of the post, but wanted to provide as much detail as possible!

Thanks,

Adam

Hi Nick

I'm away from my PC (family time now!) until tomorrow but will try the fix then - looks like the exact thing though. I searched by ICAO so that's possibly why I didn't find it myself (combined with my general incompetence)!

Of the plethora of posts I did read, I saw time and time again how you promptly and competently solved issue after issue - as you have here! I hope they're paying you (well!) - you provide brilliant service.

Cheers

Adam

Archived