Two radio towers

Ray Farrugia

Hi,

Just west of my home airport, YMEN, there is a radio tower. Unfortunately I have two. 

I have a feeling the second one is from our friends at OzX, but I don't know which file to turn off.

I'd like to keep the ORBX one of course but did it come with YMEN or FTX AU?

If you could provide the name of the ORBX file that could be a clue to the one I have to turn off in the OzX library.

Many thx as usual.

regards

Ray

3EaynZM.jpg

I have Orbx AU and all OZx scenery stuff installed and I have these 2 masts, too.

I switched to Google earth with your given coordinates:

- There are 2 masts to be seen, one of them is a bit lower. See attached screenshot. One mast might be the NDB 3LO, I cannot identify the other one

- Regardless of this, the AU scenery is not correctly designed in this area. In Google Earth one can see that the masts are established on an open field. In the scenery the masts are amidst of buildings.

YMEN masts.jpg

Thx Dieter

yeah its a broadcasting complex with towers and low masts etc.

I drive past it everyday:) 

The second mast is quite short. and nowhere near as tall as the other.

I'm pretty happy just to have a tower! There are limits to land class so that's OK too.

Maybe ORBX can confirm whether they did place two!

Cheers

Ray

Hello Ray,
Easy way to check which scenery the additional tower is coming from would be to temporarily disable (uncheck) OZx in the scenery library. Anything left would be Orbx Australia, YMEN, or default.

EDIT: Just did a little check as I had both towers as well FTX Australia / OZx AU, I disabled OZx the closer tower was gone,  the closest tower to your position is an OZx one, though I don't know which bgl will disable it. Perhaps in the OZx AUS\scenery folder   voz_am_radiostations.bgl   ?:unsure:
Caveat: switching the bgl .off may also disable many other required OZx radio masts, but there again you may not miss the OZx ones at all, the're mainly tuned AM stations.

7 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi

I do not have any OZx scenery installed, and I am showing just the one tower that is furthest north with the light on it. 

Cheers

Doug

Great thx Doug.

7 hours ago, Jeff Gilmour said:

Hello Ray,
Easy way to check which scenery the additional tower is coming from would be to temporarily disable (uncheck) OZx in the scenery library. Anything left would be Orbx Australia, YMEN, or default.

EDIT: Just did a little check as I had both towers as well FTX Australia / OZx AU, I disabled OZx the closer tower was gone,  the closest tower to your position is an OZx one, though I don't know which bgl will disable it. Perhaps in the OZx AUS\scenery folder   voz_am_radiostations.bgl   ?:unsure:
Caveat: switching the bgl .off may also disable many other required OZx radio masts, but there again you may not miss the OZx ones at all, the're mainly tuned AM stations.

6 hours ago, Jeff Gilmour said:

Hi Ray,

I disabled the  voz_am_radiostations.bgl  with OZx   re-enabled  -  Confirmation the OZx tower is gone most likely along with many others I have not checked. The Orbx tower remains as it should.

Thx Jeff much appreciated.

I'm glad that's what it was in the end. I'm comfortable adjusting freeware but certainly not ORBX pay ware.

I'm down to one tower. 

I might mention it to OZx when the site is restored - hopefully soon.

Regards

Ray

Archived