Double numbers on runway

Jack Sawyer

Is this normal?  I've now seen quite a few posts from the new Triengen airport and haven't seen a bright white 33 and a faded 33 as shown in this shot.  Is this normal?  I don't have any other products besides Orbx anywhere near this area or any mesh products at all.  Thanks.

NITi2nv.jpg

31 minutes ago, Bermuda425 said:

They lenghtened the runway here, adding the displaced treshold (with the arrows) and it seems really hard to remove the paint from runways. And I dig that 747 Jack! What a lawn mower!

Thanks Erik!  So when a runway is lenghtened is it customary to add those arrows?  Not sure.  Also, I think I could have painted those old numbers away with some good oil paint. ;) 

They should have called upon you! :D Depending on the airport's needs (type of aircraft operating at this place, obstacles at the runway end...), some runways may be extended like this one for allow aircraft (like 747s) a longer takeoff run, while other runways may be extended without arrows, allowing landings as well, . The displaced treshold (with arrows) isn't a full fledged runway, since it's only used for taxiing, the takeoff run or landing roll-out. It doesn't support landing loads. Thus it's cheaper than extending the runway in its full form.

2 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

They should have called upon you! :D Depending on the airport's needs (type of aircraft operating at this place, obstacles at the runway end...), some runways may be extended like this one for allow aircraft (like 747s) a longer takeoff run, while other runways may be extended without arrows, allowing landings as well, . The displaced treshold (with arrows) isn't a full fledged runway, since it's only used for taxiing, the takeoff run or landing roll-out. It doesn't support landing loads. Thus it's cheaper than extending the runway in its full form.

Thanks Erik!  Great explanation, I appreciate it.

Archived