P3D 4.3 KSAN Night Lighting Problem

Hi.

I've purchased KSAN scenery and running P3d 4.3. I am getting terrible performance whilst Taxing around the terminal area at night, its as soon as the aircraft (PMDG 777) goes into an area that is covered with the terminal lights I get stutters and the FPS just drop, when I taxi back to the Runway area everything is good. I have found that 4.3 is giving much better DL performance  so was surprised to see this. Its also happening with all aircraft lighting off. Unfortunately this scenery is not useable at night for me.

Anyone got any ideas or is the scenery problem some kind of legacy from the  DL lighting issue in older versions of P3D?

Tony

Hi Thanks.

Just tested having the same problems with a default aircraft, everything ok in daylight but from dusk onwards going near the terminal building with aircraft lights on or off and the performance just drops.

Just reinstalled the scenery but still the same, I switched off the DL option in the main sim menu and all was working fine so its definitely a DL problem. Would be good to know if any other users are having the same issue. Glad I purchased it when it as the 4th July half price day and not paid the full price lol. Oh well at least I can still use it as long as it doesn't get dark!!!

And if you did have the DL option enabled are you having the same problem as me?

It’s not really an option for me to switch it off as you will not have any ground taxi lights etc. Before 4.3 the work around was not to have many external lights switched on in the aircraft, now in other developers scenery’s since 4.3 they are all working fine accept KSAN.

May just be a patch until this problem is fixed- you can simply deactivate the dynamic lighting for KSAN by turning the associated BGL file to "BGL.off". The file is located in the effects folder (main directory) - search dynamic.

The "updated" version of KSAN seems to have a lot of issues. A lot of the ground clutter at night is lit up as well- with no lights nearby. I also miss the static aircraft. The fix for me was to revert back to 1.0? The version before this last update. I also recommend trying out "Manhattans best" PTA preset from REX or something similar to get more realistic terrain / night lighting. It's amazing how much work you have to do on a constant basis with shaders and reshade in order to get the sim looking good.... There's a prefect balance but it's a moving target.

Hope this helps!

Archived