FTX Central update resets the scenery order in P3Dv4

I just had FTX Central ask to update itself. After doing so, I loaded up P3Dv4 and noticed that KASE had its elevation all wrong again, after I just fixed it yesterday. Went into the Scenery Library, to notice that KASE had been pushed all the way down to the bottom again.

Why is FTX Central moving around the order of sceneries? It is annoying and time consuming to have to go in there and fix it.

19 minutes ago, Stewart Hobson said:

Maybe this will help with your problem.  The insertion tool is very handy for fixing this type of problem.

O wow, that did help. Thanks!

Couple more questions, if you don't mind:

1. Is there any downside to inserting FTX all the way underneath 20+ addons?
  2. Why do some sceneries at the top of the P3D scenery library, have a greyed out checkbox, and are always at the top? In other words, do these sceneries have another way of guaranteeing their placement at the top?

1.  None whatsoever.  That's where they're supposed to be.

2.  It would seem those greyed-out items were placed there by the new addon.xml method and their installers put them there on purpose.  Unless you have a scenery configuration program, like SimStarter NG, etc., whereby you can select which scenery is active for the flight you are planning, those greyed-out items are always there.

Hope this helps, and glad you've got your scenery sorted.  It's a mysterious animal, these flight sims.

Stew

Archived