Trees in the lake at 3W2 Put-In-Bay airport

I am using FSX SE along with Orbx Global Base and OpenLC North America. Today, I departed 3W2 on Put-In-Bay island (Lake Eerie) and found trees and buildings in the lake around the island. I know that elevation issues can be fixed through FTX Central 3 but I cannot find 3W2 in the list of airfields available to manually correct the elevation. Is there a solution to this please?

http://www.mikeandpam.co.uk/fsx/images/3w21.jpg

http://www.mikeandpam.co.uk/fsx/images/3w22.jpg

Hi

First please, 

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then run the "Force Migration" option.

Then, if you have Vector installed,  be sure to uncheck the "Frozen Surface (in winter only)"option.

Cheers

Doug

Many thanks for the solution to this issue. Not being tremendously good at fiddling with programs, my first attempt didn't work but my second try fixed it. I couldn't understand why I was having an issue at 3W2 when all my 3rd party airports have not given me any issues. I installed Orbx using its own installer, assuming that it would put everything where it should be and, indeed, never had any issues at all except with flying cars and half buried buildings at UK2000 Manchester Extreme. The elevation tool sorted that out. If I had not decided to fly into 3W2, I would still have no problems. LOL

Thanks Doug.

• 4 months later...

Well, here it is in winter 2018, and I encountered this same problem with 3W2 (Put-In-Bay, Ohio).  The original OP discovered this problem.. then the Orbx team member replied with advice about checking the Central 3 insertion points. I am certain that the OP had spent at least 2 hrs trying to fix this problem, even before the complaint herein rendered.

I have also done the same, and now I will clarify exactly how the OP did indeed solve this problem. It had nothing to do with the elevation tool !

The problem is with the settings in the Vector assignment. Doug said to turn off the "frozen surface option". This is the fix. I believe that this Vector setting should be defaulted to OFF, thereby preventing all sorts of user frustrations with subordinate airfields in the Orbx world. I am uncertain what the default setting actually is, though. I'm not going to reload the Vector program just to find out :)

Good Luck to you all..

Dave

Archived