First Orbx Products

Konabar

Hello,

i am new at Orbx and i have some questions . After buying the FTX Global Base Pack i want to improve my Sim ( P3D V4 ) . I want to buy FTX Global Vector and Ftx Global  openLC Europe. Can i run every Product ?  What is the difference between Ftx Global  openLC Europe and Orbx Germany North / South . Can i use both  ?     My Plan is  --- >  FTX Global  BASE Pack  , FTX Global Vector , Ftx Global  openLC Europe,  EU England , EU Germany North / South , FTX Global Lights configurator and at least some Payware Airports for example EDDF .     Thank you ! 

Germany North/South and EU England will enhance your scenery in those locations better than OpenLC and/or FTX Global Base will.  Buying the regions will also allow you to view the payware airports correctly and they will blend into the surrounding scenery correctly.  FYI:  FTX Global Lights Configurator is not a addon itself, it is just a tool that you can install and use to configure the lights that are included by default in FTX Global Base Pack.  Correct me if I am wrong.

Caleb

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

Orbx regions already contain the landclass, vector and mesh elements of the scenery.

They also include thousands of points of interest and enhancements for all the airports

within that region.

For this reason, they do not require either Vector or Open LC to look as they do and they will

not look any different.

If you only want to fly in Germany and England, buy Germany North and South and EU England.

If you don't want the textures to look odd at the borders, buy FTX Global Base which will replace

all the default textures and make the whole world look better.

If you want coastlines, shorelines, roads, railways and power lines outside your Orbx regions to best

reflect reality, buy FTX Vector. Note that Vector covers the whole world too.

If you want the cities and towns and the nature of the landscape outside your Orbx regions to best

reflect reality, buy Open LC Europe. Note that it covers only Europe.

@Nick Cooper I have a question.  Is it true that the regions are custom land class, as in they are drawn specially to suit that location, and FTX Global is basically repetitive random textures?

10 minutes ago, Mikelab6 said:

HI and welcome to ORBX world & forum !

Read this (down the page) to understand about the differences between ORBX products: http://c-aviation.net/guide-orbx-products-global-vector-openlc/

Mike

What a great article, I never saw that before.  It looks like a great read for new Orbx customers.

The regions do indeed have their own bespoke landclass, designed so that as far as possible, the textures are arranged to best reflect the real world.

They also include photo scenery inserts in places of particular interest.

FTX Global Base does add some Open Landclass but the textures are essentially arranged by the default landclass, with all its faults and omissions.

The Open LC products rearrange the Global textures to best reflect the real world outside the regions but they also add hundreds of bespoke textures

that in addition to the Global Base textures make each area look as near as possible to how it actually does.

Archived