Stockholm Blurry Textures

flemon

Hi,

Flew into ORBX Stockholm the other night for the first time in a while and there was a problem with the night lighting. The PAPIs were barely visible (I could only see them when touching down which was about 30 feet away), runway lights ( apart from the approach lights) were missing and the taxiway lights were also missing. After a rather difficult taxi in the dark, I quit the sim and then re spawned in bright daylight in the Aerosoft A320.

It was immediately obvious that there is something wrong with my textures at Stockholm. The screenshots below show how the high-res textures of Stockholm (which used to be normal with no problems) are missing and being overridden by presumably photo real scenery. This affects both the runways and taxiways, which is possibly why I have no lighting because there was an extra texture layer on top of the normal ones.

main.thumb.jpg.fec3cba4c521744f5472938e9cdd2595.jpgtaxiway.thumb.jpg.ff8a6d92baefdfed689ad957926fd8a3.jpgterminal.thumb.jpg.40c1fa0e5aa9b86f901c666c2634dc08.jpg

The terminal is unaffected and is completely normal. Performance is worse than expected at Stockholm which is even more confusing.

No other airports in my sim are affected by this problem and my ESSA airport layer is below ORBX Libraries and above Orbx LC Europe.

I've reinstalled the scenery twice now with no success, both times with antivirus switched off. I had a similar problem with FlyTampa Amsterdam in which my ground textures were blurry but a reinstall with AV off fixed this problem.

Can anyone help? I'm P3D v3.3, ORBX Global + LC Europe + Stockholm. This is the only ORBX airport I own.

I have had this problem at KSNC, and it seems that the TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD in the prepar3D.cfg needs to be set to 4096.  I don't know if this applies to Stockholm or not, but it's worth a try.

Also, are the sim settings set as the ESSA manual recommends?

7 hours ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Hi!

Seems like the top ground layers are not loading. Does this happen in all seasons or is it only summertime? 

In Winter, the textures a normal and clear but the runway lights and PAPIs are still not visible. Whereas in the summer, all the runway/taxiway textures are blurry.

20 hours ago, caleb1 said:

I have had this problem at KSNC, and it seems that the TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD in the prepar3D.cfg needs to be set to 4096.  I don't know if this applies to Stockholm or not, but it's worth a try.

Also, are the sim settings set as the ESSA manual recommends?

The sim settings I have are slightly below what ORBX recommends but when I change them to ORBX's recommendation, the problem still exists. I have a feeling there's something wrong with my textures instead.

Have you tried reinstalling FTX ESSA?

That can be a good first step otherwise.

I see you are running P3D v3.3, I would recommend you to install 3.4 to have the latest version. After our service pack of ESSA we changed some ground settings and I remember we had some slight issues with the ground in earlier versions of v3. 

If I understand you correctly it used to work fine so if you haven't updated ESSA or made any changes to P3D since then, I assume something else is wrong.

99% of the times we have had any issues with the ground at ESSA has been due to objectflow not working.

As I see windsocks, Objectflow is apparently working which leaves me with the advice to reinstall the scenery and/or update P3D to the latest version.

Please note that you do not need to make a full reinstall of P3D, updating the Client is enough. More information on that topic can be found on the Prepar3d website.

7 hours ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Have you tried reinstalling FTX ESSA?

That can be a good first step otherwise.

I see you are running P3D v3.3, I would recommend you to install 3.4 to have the latest version. After our service pack of ESSA we changed some ground settings and I remember we had some slight issues with the ground in earlier versions of v3. 

If I understand you correctly it used to work fine so if you haven't updated ESSA or made any changes to P3D since then, I assume something else is wrong.

99% of the times we have had any issues with the ground at ESSA has been due to objectflow not working.

As I see windsocks, Objectflow is apparently working which leaves me with the advice to reinstall the scenery and/or update P3D to the latest version.

Please note that you do not need to make a full reinstall of P3D, updating the Client is enough. More information on that topic can be found on the Prepar3d website.

I've reinstalled it 3 times now so I think I might just update P3D.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

P3D4 worth the upgrade price, never out of memory again. Many big licenses if purchased for P3D, will carry to version 4. 4.2 is the latest, another patch is in the development phases.

Archived