FSX: ORBX FTX Global Lights Showing During The Day

Hi All,

I recently purchased a new desktop computer; Windows 10| 64-bit | 16GB Ram | 128GB SSD | 3TB HDD

I installed FSX and everything was running smoothly. Installed ORBX [current installations: FTX BasePack, FTX OpenLc North America, Vector, Trees HD, and the Light Configurator in FTX Central).

Everything seemed to be working just fine, until after a few flights..I started to notice some issues with the ORBX lighting.

Capture.thumb.PNG.2b0b27f62efa9a3669c48a7f95c1ca64.PNG

It's kinda hard to see, but it looks like the lights are still illuminated during the day.

Capture1.PNG.8f4a2e69091774fdd3cced4e3e5bd35c.PNG

The time was set to about 12:00pm in the Flight Simulator, so there really should be no reason for the lights to appear (compared to it being Dawn/Dusk where the lights would start to come on).

But looking closer, it seems as if you do not see any lights at all, but simply the 3-D form (3 Dimensions - X axis, Y axis, Z axis) of the lights themselves. I keep seeing white squares in the distance of where the lights would be.

Here's another close up...

Capture2.thumb.PNG.8d67034c97af218ede822379e5e1b41d.PNG

Even at night, you can still see the "outline" of the lights.

Capture3.thumb.PNG.a0e0cf5eb331db9fdae748f243e1c772.PNG

Does anyone know what this could be? Is it a graphics issue, frame rate issue, or installation issue (I'm hoping not the last one, because we all know how long the ORBX installation time is for installing this heavily detailed scenery addon.

Thanks in advance!

- Andre

Archived